Wagga Wagga Wireless network (1 Viewer)

whatsupdoctor

HSC
Hey. I was wondering if CSU Wagga Wagga has wireless internet. I'm guessing it would, but what I'd also like to know it whether they charge or not. I know ANU has free wirless, which is awesome. It's not good because it can be abused or whatever, but it's good just to be able to browse without it costing anything. Also, UTS has free wireless. Hopefully CSU does too.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yes it does have wireless and yes they do charge.

Introduction

CSU provides access to the Internet from Halls of Residence, Wireless Networking, Computer Laboratories and Libraries.

Using the Internet at CSU will cost you money and your Internet Account must be in credit to use this service. The charge is for any data you download from outside of the CSU website. For instance, browsing a commercial website site will cost money but using the services in my.csu will not.

Getting Started

When you first use the internet, you receive an annual $4.00 credit on your Internet Charges Account. This credit is non-refundable and is only for the purpose of allowing you plenty of time each year to increase your balance through the various payment options detailed below.

As you use the Internet (and download items from outside of the CSU website) the costs are deducted from your balance. Once your balance is close to zero, or becomes negative, you will be emailed a warning that your balance is low/negative, and that you should increase your balance, to ensure you may continue using the Internet.

Internet charges

Internet access is charged on downloads, not time. Charges apply for all downloads from websites external from CSU (such as Hotmail, Yahoo). No charges are incurred for downloads from CSU websites.

The rate for downloads for external internet traffic is 1 cents per megabyte downloaded (inclusive of GST) for CSU Student.

Telephone and Data Charges in Halls of Residences

Division of Student Services charges a $150 IT Levy for the provision of network and telephony services in Halls of Residences. This fee covers the provision of handsets, network infrastructure and ongoing maintenance.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You get given $4 automatically, then it's 1 or 2 cents for every meg after that

At the moment, I've used 177mb and they've charged me $1.74

lachlan43

It's 1c per megabyte throughout the CSU network. At Wagga Wagga, however, there is no wireless internet in the Halls of Residence.

Also, setting up a wireless connection in your room (e.g.: setting up a wireless router connected to the data point in your room) is in breach of the university's terms of use.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
newkid said:
It's 1c per megabyte throughout the CSU network. At Wagga Wagga, however, there is no wireless internet in the Halls of Residence.

Also, setting up a wireless connection in your room (e.g.: setting up a wireless router connected to the data point in your room) is in breach of the university's terms of use.
You can get it at the footy oval though, behind the gym yeah?

(wireless)

lachlan43

Wouldn't have a clue, to be quite frank. I know you can get reception in West Hall, but that's from the convention centre. Wouldn't surprise me about the oval though, as there's probably a wireless hotspot in the gym.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
OIC. I'm fairly sure you can, on one of the maps it says there is a hotspot there, but I've never been able to get much on it.

Gay :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)