Wagga Wagga (1 Viewer)

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
Katie123 said:
Sydney uni have done it again...put an even worse spin on my having to attend clinical placements during my 3 month holidays. 6/7 weeks of this will be spent in WAGGA WAGGA. I'm a city girl, i've been to country areas maybe twice in my life (Dubbo when i was 9 and somewhere else i think).
Who knows what there is to do when i am not working down there?
Does anyone originally come from there or still live there?
this is how ignoramus i am, i found out where i was going and then had to look up where it was.

any helpful input would be appreciated
LOL
wagga is like the biggest inland city in australia or something.. so its not THAT country :p

im about and hr from there so i dont know THAT much about it.. but its not a bad city/town. theres plenty to do there :)

Srixon

HSC
it isnt the biggest inland city in nsw any more i think it is second behind maybe maitland i think it is, that sign seems to be gone when u go into wagga now but hey it still has alot of people

diediedie

HSC
haha i live an hr away from wagga....its a good town....plenty of pubs and clubs.....b&s...they are ok but they are just turning into a waste of money...we had one where we lived and we paid $100 to get drinks all night..we got a stubby holder and a bumper sticker...about 4000 people showed up...they lit a tree on fire haha and there were a few fights.....a couple of bands and everybody just has a good time.

www.runforit.tk

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i found out where i'm staying and uni is paying for us to fly down...just over 3 weeks to go i'm excited! (just a random post about not much)

kylie_robbo

I hope for your sake that they are putting you up somewhere nice... Not the Cancer Care Cottage that two of my friends got put up in when they were on prac here last year...

One thing: bring swimmers that can be worn in the river... Being late Jan-early Mar, you will surely spend a bit of time at Wagga Beach... And make sure you get there for the 5 o'clock wave...

kylie_robbo

The Manor is pretty nice... It is on Morrow St (I think) just across the road from the Victory Memorial Gardens... Very close to the main street, and about a block and a half from a supermarket.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
yup thats the one. its pretty close to things from my lkook at the map and maybe a 20 minute walk to the hospital i think.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
yup cant be late on the first day ...although if i am i can use the fact that i am a sydney sider and been in town for only about 15 hours :D..but i wont be late so i dont have to use that

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i'm gheeeeeeeeeeeeeere well i've been here for a week i found scribbles and the net .....yeah anyway thats all. its dam hot but it was worse on monday

kylie_robbo

From Scribbles, if you continue walking along Fitzmaurice St to the next set of traffic lights, and then turn right and go basically to the end of that street (easily walking distance), you'll find yourself at Wagga Beach. Then if you walk along the rocky path for about 500m, and then walk down the rocks, jump in the river (not literly... shallow dive and then swim for your life to the centre of the river) it will take you around to Wagga Beach, and all you need to do it float. Very relaxing on a rather warm day.

Enjoy your stay in Wagga!

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
A bit late but Cootamundra has an annual beach volleyball tournament around this time of year. Its only an hour from Wagga so not too far to travel. As usual a great time to be had.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
lol i'm back now. i enjoyed wagga...i like the thought of living in the country it is pretty good. It would have been better to get to work had we had a car with us but it was good exercise to walk the 1/2 hour to calvary every morning and then take the bus back to johnston street in the arvo. Go wagga!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)