wait wait wait, let me get this straight... (1 Viewer)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
someone told me that the cut-offs for us havent been released yet and the uac guide was just the cut-offs that last years candicature needed to get in... is this true?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yes, and the cut-offs will go up or down this year etc, but don't expect anything drastic!

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
exactly...the cut-offs for 04 will b released sumtime mid-jan jus check out the back of de o5 UAC cover u'll c all de imp dates n wen de cut-offs will b released however de most pleasing fing is dat u can still change ur preferences after knowin wot de cut-offs r...jus another way to make 'gettin into uni' easier for HSC studnets...grrrrrrrrrrrrr....... :vcross:

Lainee

HSC
19th Jan - you get your offers, and cutoffs are released. Simple. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
natstar said:
I remember last year some bright spark found a list on UAC of 2004 cutoffs hours before offers were released. Wonder if that will happen this year
that was awesome! lol

cutoffs are the lowest mark a person needed to get into the course for that year. so if they have 10 places to fill, they'll choose the top 10 people. last years top 10 may have had a lowest uai of 95 but this years might be 96 or even 86

last years cut offs are given out because it gives a general idea of what the cut off will be for this year

Lainee

HSC
Oh yeah, I remember that. Apparently just needed to change the url from 2003 to 2004. :) Wondering if that'll work this year too.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
It is likely that the cut-offs for Sydney and UTS will fall, because they are the only Sydney uni's raising fees. The others are likely to increase due to this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)