Waiting for Late Round? (post your course) (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
if you accept your late round offer, you cancel your earlier offer. if you mean the final round, however, you dont void any previous offers, if you simply want to try for it. Note that hardly any offers are made in this round

EmmR

Vegetarian Noodles!!!
HSC
WHY AM I SO CONFUSED?!

Eng Bus @ uts
or
flexi eng at syd..

..i wanted chem.. but im not sure if i actually want it or if they have advertised it so well that i think i want it, which is not really wanting it><

its a toss up btw usyd and uts.. beccause i dun wanna catch a bus.

and toss up btw eng and sci.. becuase i want to do research..

help!!!!!!! any x students/!? any one!??! i know its one in the morning and all.. but PLEASE!??!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you didnt get into a course you wanted to do, theres always mid year transfer and end of year transfer
so study hard!

wyho

HSC
N/A
well thats what i am gona do ^^ try transfer to commerce since i missed out by a bit =/

hannahxxx

HSC
Hehe I completely forgot about late rounds.
Went onto uac a few minutes ago and it told me I have a late round offer for a "double law degree program" at Newcastle uni.
I'm not gonna take it though. I've already hyped myself up to move to Sydney and go to Macquarie.

EDIT: Also playing transfers game

Last edited:

Beege

HSC
groovejet said:
Surpisingly, I received a Late Round offer to study at UNSW and I would never thought I would. For the person who said about Digital Media, you were referring to a combined course which explains the high cut-off. Overall, this reflects that the universities have been able to have the capacity to fill more places, as the Media Release PDF from UAC presents (UAC's website > click Media).
well how come there is no separate uai for just the digital media course?

groovejet

HSC
N/A
Beege said:
well how come there is no separate uai for just the digital media course?
Most likely because there are no more places for Digital Media which is why it isn't listed. If this year's cutoff has risen from last year (compare the cutoff PDF's from UAC) then there was more demand for it this year.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
woooooot sexy times!

B Com/Arts @ USYD.
GOtta ask them a few questions first before i DO anything.... but yayness! :D

-------------------------
(hey staz, you were right?!)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
woooooot sexy times!

B Com/Arts @ USYD.
GOtta ask them a few questions first before i DO anything.... but yayness! :D

-------------------------
(hey staz, you were right?!)
Oh awesome! Well done. Make sure you stick around bos' USYD forums too. It's good to keep the community active, and we'll also be able to share notes for first year subjects, which I'm hoping to boost this year.

Oh, and if you need marketing tutoring, let me know. I'm happy to tutor USYD students for cheap rates, especially considering my High Distinction average in marketing. I also know how to do well in each class, as marketing lecturers all have very different ways of grading and setting exams.

Last edited:

wyho

HSC
N/A
hannahxxx said:
Hehe I completely forgot about late rounds.
Went onto uac a few minutes ago and it told me I have a late round offer for a "double law degree program" at Newcastle uni.
I'm not gonna take it though. I've already hyped myself up to move to Sydney and go to Macquarie.

EDIT: Also playing transfers game
hey u also got that offer too?? hehe its tempting aye, but i heard that only unis of macq, anu, unsw, usyd, uts are the good uni's for laws in sydney/act. but having said that, all the uni's law degrees have high uai cutoffs =/

stazi

Nightman
HSC
newcastle would be decent at law, so would uws. whilst employment opportunities won't be as great, you shouldn't have any problems getting a great high-paying job after graduation

carreau

HSC
Fucken USYD.. Keeps dicking me around.. I've been watching a course with a UAI of 75.. there were vacancies main round... now there are still vacancies late round.. does this not tell them to lower it so I can bloody come in lol.. Oh well..

Here's to final round..

wyho

HSC
N/A
hey say if i accept my late round offer from another uni, will my unsw main round offer automatically disappear? like even myunsw account will be gone?

or does the two uni just think im in it... until uni actually starts...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
carreau said:
Fucken USYD.. Keeps dicking me around.. I've been watching a course with a UAI of 75.. there were vacancies main round... now there are still vacancies late round.. does this not tell them to lower it so I can bloody come in lol.. Oh well..

Here's to final round..
no, it doesn't. it's better for them to have a vacant course than a course with students who got poor UAIs. Lots of engo courses remain vacant, but I'd hate to think that there are engineers working on buildings with 50uais.

carreau

HSC
stazi said:
no, it doesn't. it's better for them to have a vacant course than a course with students who got poor UAIs. Lots of engo courses remain vacant, but I'd hate to think that there are engineers working on buildings with 50uais.
I'm 1.65 off entry.. :mad1:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
...so? you did worse than what was accepted. im assuming youre talking about arts & sciences. 75 uai, from memory, is the lowest they accept for ANY courses (and rightfully so IMO). If you tried a little bit harder you could have made it in. You can also try transfer into another course from another uni.

carreau

HSC
no not arts and sciences.. Science & technology..

And 75 is not the lowest they accept.. I have the cut offs as of late round offers for hecs and dfee for all the UNI's..

USYD goes as low as 72..

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ok, so they thought that to do something like science & technology you have to get at least 75, which is incredibly low for a course like that, anyway. DFEE shouldn't matter, as DFEE cutoffs are always lower. THe only cutoffs that are lower than 75 and are CSP are in agriculture-based courses which desperately require people to enter them, as we will experience a huge skills shortage in this industry in the not-too-distant future. Also, because city kids don't really aspire to do agriculture.

In summary, USYD doesn't keep dicking you around. You dicked around in year 12. Now you're paying for it.

carreau

HSC
stazi said:
Ok, so they thought that to do something like science & technology you have to get at least 75, which is incredibly low for a course like that, anyway. DFEE shouldn't matter, as DFEE cutoffs are always lower. THe only cutoffs that are lower than 75 and are CSP are in agriculture-based courses which desperately require people to enter them, as we will experience a huge skills shortage in this industry in the not-too-distant future. Also, because city kids don't really aspire to do agriculture.

In summary, USYD doesn't keep dicking you around. You dicked around in year 12. Now you're paying for it.
I was talking about csp cut offs meh.. Getting into some low course such as 'horticulteral' science doesn't phase me too much.. Looks interesting for a semester or what ever, get some marks, transfer..

I didn't dick around in high-school.. No, that is a misconception. I got scaled down like a bag of oranges... With a side of dicking around a little bit before exams har har harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)