Waivers for subjects (1 Viewer)

powerhouse

HSC
Last semester I got a waiver for PSYC123. This semester all my subjects have 123 as a pre-requisite and I am getting provisional for all my enrolment. I called the academic advisor and he had no idea what I am supposed to do. The lady I got the waiver off last semester is away at the moment and won't be back before enrolments close.

Question. Can I do my timetable and shit for the provisional subjects? Who do I speak to so I can fix the problem? Why is this so fucking complicated?

Oh, and also... for Commerce will I need my SOLS username and password for my timetable preferences? I forget :p

Ta!

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
You got a waiver? As in, you

a) 'deferred' the subject for later? or
b) Were granted specific credit for it?

If A, you're screwed, unless you can get an academic approval form filed for all your other subjects to waive the prereq. If B, you're fine, and the prereq is satisfied.

See the subdean of your faculty regarding academic approval stuff.

Re timetable, yes you can enrol in subjects that you have 'provisional' status for. As long as you're actually enrolled into it (i.e. it's on your SOLS).

Re SOLS password, talk to the folks in Building 17. Alternatively, reset it via the password management site (I'm pretty sure you can do this).

powerhouse

HSC
I was granted a credit for it because I had done the same thing in my Commerce degree.

So I could fill in my timetable and go to classes in the first tutorial week and fix the provisional later?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
powerhouse said:
I was granted a credit for it because I had done the same thing in my Commerce degree.

So I could fill in my timetable and go to classes in the first tutorial week and fix the provisional later?
If you got credit for the subject, you should be able to get waivers for every single subject you're enrolled in. Simply ask the subdean of HBS (her email is hbs_ssc@uow.edu.au :)). She may tell you to get waivers for every other subject from each co-ordinator, or she may simply just change your status to Enrolled instantly.

If you were given credit for that subject, you don't need to do it.

powerhouse

HSC
I understand that, thanks :)

I don't have my SOLS password and thus can't get into my UOW email. So will I have to drive all the way down to get it or can I wait, do my timetable for the provisionals, and fix it up when uni starts?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
If your SOLS says the subjects listed (as in you've enrolled in the subjects over the Internet, and only recently forgot your password), then yes, you can wait. If, however, you haven't actually enrolled in anything, then go to uni tomorrow, get a new password, and do so.

powerhouse

HSC
Course: 747_3 Bachelor of Science - Bachelor of Commerce
Instance: 747H Campus: Wollongong Delivery: On Campus Status: Active
Major: HS3 Psychology

2007 Autumn Wollongong On Campus PSYC234 6 Provisional
2007 Autumn Wollongong On Campus PSYC231 6 Provisional
2007 Autumn Wollongong On Campus MGMT110 6 Enrolled
2007 Autumn Wollongong On Campus ECON101 6 Enrolled

Is that fine to wait until semester starts?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
powerhouse said:
Course: 747_3 Bachelor of Science - Bachelor of Commerce
Instance: 747H Campus: Wollongong Delivery: On Campus Status: Active
Major: HS3 Psychology

2007 Autumn Wollongong On Campus PSYC234 6 Provisional
2007 Autumn Wollongong On Campus PSYC231 6 Provisional
2007 Autumn Wollongong On Campus MGMT110 6 Enrolled
2007 Autumn Wollongong On Campus ECON101 6 Enrolled

Is that fine to wait until semester starts?
Yes. That's fine.

Uh, you remember your SOLS password. What's the problem with Commerce then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)