Walking from Redfern Station (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi all :)

Just wondering of those who walk from Redfern Station to the Darlington campus, which route do you take?

I'm worried I'll get lost as I've only walked it once and can't really remember how to get there ><

Replies asap would be appreciated!

Tofuu

HSC
i'm not sure of the street directions, but the way i found my way was by following other students

bio_nut

HSC
Look in the Redfern safety thread. I've posted direction on the second last page and it's probably been said a million other times in there, lol.

HSC
so there's just a bunch of youngish people, and you just follow them? i guess that's a good bet.

just nervous haha.

icecoffee

HSC
Follow where everyone else goes, there's no way you'll get lost. Everyone basically takes the same route and there's almost always students around. :)

bio_nut

HSC
No, that's not right, you turn into Shephard and then you're on campus.

That's going the loooong way around.

HSC
I'm just a bit jittery about the whole 'starting uni' and 'enrollment' thing. The last thing I want is to follow a bunch of non-students, not going to USYD, and end up lost haha.

Tofuu

HSC
so there's just a bunch of youngish people, and you just follow them? i guess that's a good bet.

just nervous haha.
iono, i was kinda lost on which way to go at first, then i just followed 2-3 people wearing backpacks and all, it led me to the right place

bio_nut

HSC
Orly? D: I haven't heard of this shortcut D;
Well absolutely EVERYONE turns there.

Don't you find it odd you end up walking by yourself, lol?

It's not a shortcut, you turn and the uni sign is just down the rooad and you walk past the engo buildings on one side and child care centre on the other.

Maybe you're mixing up streets :)

HSC
So it's:

Lawson Street, left onto Abercrombie Street, right onto Shepperd Lane, and you're there?

Is that where the boardwalk is?

FugitiveGirl

HSC
Well absolutely EVERYONE turns there.

Don't you find it odd you end up walking by yourself, lol?

It's not a shortcut, you turn and the uni sign is just down the rooad and you walk past the engo buildings on one side and child care centre on the other.

Maybe you're mixing up streets :)
Yeah, maybe. I remember last time I got there by following someone but couldn't remember what the street name was. :(

HSC
okay, so the link didn't connect to the mapped out route, but i think i'm the only one worried haha. sorry for being a nuisance everyone! i was just nervous - now i'm excited about subs and finalising enrollment, etc. thanks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)