WAM needed to be competitive for jobs? (1 Viewer)

Capo

HSC
Hi,

Does any ex-students know what the average UNSW graduates (specifically in the IT industry) need to have as a WAM to be competitive for most jobs? Is it true that a credit WAM is considered shit?

Silly Sausage

HSC
Hi,

Does any ex-students know what the average UNSW graduates (specifically in the IT industry) need to have as a WAM to be competitive for most jobs? Is it true that a credit WAM is considered shit?
B.S.
If that were true, then the majority of uni grads would be out of jobs.
A WAM of 75+ wouldn't hurt but remember they don't all depend on your grades.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I know people with HD wams and nothing else that won't get grad programs.

If i was you, i'd focus on being an all rounder and have good work experience and EC's alongside the marks. Firms are looking for grads that have soft skills, strong marks alone won't get you a job (In most industries, especially heavy client facing ones).

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
If that's the only thing you'll have on your resume, then yes it'll be kinda shit, but if you combine it with a few good ECs and some work experience, then your doing just fine. Obiviously having better marks doesn't hurt, but it's not end all especially when having other things on your resume.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Credit is generally the min for the big4 and pretty much all you need to get anywhere in the IT industry

itoki2288

HSC
N/A
Pretty sure they stop caring after credit and instead start looking at other facets of your resume. Obviously, it's different for different industries where some just require higher wams to be competitive but I think overall, the value of your resume as a whole needs to be competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)