WAM requirements to exchange to other universities. (1 Viewer)

bos120

HSC
N/A
What are the WAM requirements to exchange to other universities (international)?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
A list comes up on moodle before applications open. It really depends on the uni, i know NYU had 92 wam. Less popular uni's had 60-70s, can't remember 100%.

bos120

HSC
N/A
wtf thats too high...
where about on moodle?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
some of the wam requirements just seem way out of proportion to how good that university even is. UBC law isn't even that good and their WAM requirement is over a first class honours. lol top kek.

I just find it weird the WAM requirement for law on exchange is higher than a first class honours... which would get you into oxford BCL.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Woah, that document is a thing for you guys? That's really cool.

flientum

HSC
As someone who's gone through the process:

It's all based on supply/demand; they usually only take 2 each to Wharton and Stern so cut-offs can vary a lot.

For the students going on exchange next sem the cutoff for Wharton was 0.5 higher than that of Stern btw

Good luck!

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Is your application for applying to exchange solely based on WAM? my wam is just shy off 75, can you do anything else, is there interviews and stuff?????? I wanna go uc berkeley lmao

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
yeah a 75 won't get you into berkeley. It's a school that's even better than at least half of the ivies.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
yeah a 75 won't get you into berkeley. It's a school that's even better than at least half of the ivies.
I see a 77 so don't be so negative lol, I'm asking is there anything besides your WAM that counts i.e interview or some sort of coverletter/resumeme

HSC
Uni Grad
Nope it's purely WAM
It's literally shit as, considering that arts and commerce students can easily get high wams and have a higher chance of doing exchange.

GG to us engineering and science students. Only places worth going imo are UBC (Vancouver, Canada), Singapore (in which NUS and NTU are both actually 100x harder than UNSW) and UCT (University of Cape Town).

seanieg89

HSC
It's literally shit as, considering that arts and commerce students can easily get high wams and have a higher chance of doing exchange.

GG to us engineering and science students. Only places worth going imo are UBC (Vancouver, Canada), Singapore (in which NUS and NTU are both actually 100x harder than UNSW) and UCT (University of Cape Town).
Uhh, beg to differ with this sentiment. I don't think it is easier for competent arts/comm students to get a high wam than it is for competent science students (I know less about engineering, but I doubt it is harder to get consistently high marks than it typically is in arts).

It might be easier to wing passes in arts without knowing much (not claiming this is true, just stating it as a possibility), but a strong science student can get an insane ugrad wam (and many do!). There is wayyy more variance in arts grading from my knowledge / experience.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Arts is pretty much curved to only about 3 or 4 people getting HDs in a cohort of 50.

There is no way to score over a 90 in arts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)