WAM requirements to exchange to other universities. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Uhh, beg to differ with this sentiment. I don't think it is easier for competent arts/comm students to get a high wam than it is for competent science students (I know less about engineering, but I doubt it is harder to get consistently high marks than it typically is in arts).

It might be easier to wing passes in arts without knowing much (not claiming this is true, just stating it as a possibility), but a strong science student can get an insane ugrad wam (and many do!). There is wayyy more variance in arts grading from my knowledge / experience.
Hmm, can probably revise what I said. DNs should be easy to get, but not HDs for arts students. Commerce I'd say would be easier to get DNs and HDs depending on the subject (especially if the subject(s) are all multiple choice).

Actually for science, it depends on whether if there is a bellcurve or not. For maths and physics it's possible to see people get a wam of high 90s. With other disciplines there's generally high subjectivity so getting 90s is generally impossible.

That said, I still think that exchange apps should factor faculty/department into account, and make exchange options more accessible for science/engineering students. The majority of those going on exchange are arts/commerce students. I for one do not know of many people in engineering going on exchange. Though I'll admit there may be lots of technical difficulties in certain subjects (i.e. people in National University of Singapore told me that chem eng is 100x harder than that of UNSW) so that could be a factor as to why that's the case.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
It feels so gronk I've seen so many exchange students come here, I think they should open up exchange a bit more or change up the criteria a bit, solely based on marks is a bit shite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)