• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wam (1 Viewer)

Cooper86

HSC
Hey guys

2008 will be my fourth year of uni and I have only just found out about this forum...Oh well better later than never right :)

Any way I was wondering if any one is aware of how UNSW caculates your final WAM? By final WAM I mean if the award you a pass/credit/distinction average when you finish your degree.

This concerns me as I will be looking to do further study once finished my undergrad degree.

I have herd that the cauculation is bassed on a scale where year 1 has less weighting than year 4. Is this the case?

(BTW I am enrolled in the Construction Management and Property Bach degree, if that helps )

Thanks for the help!

sunny

meh.
HSC
It depends on your program. Some use the NSS WAM, some others use some other weighting or have their own WAM system.

Cooper86

HSC
Sunny,

Can you please explain what the NSS system is

Can anyone else give me any ideas

sunny

meh.
HSC
Sorry NSS was what was used before they had myUNSW. Its the WAM you have in myUNSW.

Metric

HSC
N/A
Cooper86 said:
Any way I was wondering if any one is aware of how UNSW caculates your final WAM?
I have no idea if this will help you, but Frigid has a very useful thread that, although it regards transfers, outlines how the WAM is calculated. When you talk about a "final WAM" you may be talking about something different to what I'm thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)