Want To Become A Cop. (1 Viewer)

Brooklyn410

HSC
Hey guys,
I want to become a police officer but im not sure of what marks i need to be able to get into the course and everything else. I've tried researching it using the internet but they don't give specific marks needed and cut-offs.
I'm also worried I won't be able to get the required score.
If someone could give me some advice on what i should do or an estimate of the required UAI/ATAR it would be great.
Regards.

gniz

HSC
Hi,

I'm also interested in becoming a police officer and luckily for you, I have done extensive research into this as I have recently finished my HSC and now waiting for my results.

There are currently two pathways for entering the NSW police force (becoming a "cop"). You can either go to university and complete a Bachelors degree or do the ADPP (Associates Degree in Policing Practice). You can find out more about those yourself if you like, but seeing as you only want to know about the required entry scores, I will steer away from going into too much detail.

For a bachelors you need an ATAR of about 69 ( BPolicing @UWS-Bankstown). There is another course called the "Bachelor of Criminal Justice" and that is issued at Charles Sturt University.

For the ADPP (going straight into Goulburn college - 8 month course) you need a UAI of 66 (according to the NSW police website- yes it is now called an ATAR so there might be slight changes). The NSW police website has more details about entry & other requirements.

In the end, if you do not get the mark you need, you can enter the Police academy through tafe. Acquire a Certificate IV in tafe and you're eligible for entry into the college.

Also, try looking around bored of studies I'm sure I have seen threads before about this.

Hope that helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)