Want to study ahead in Maths General Preliminary (1 Viewer)

Rhystah

HSC
Hey guys, I have a shocking, slow teacher in my maths general class (not my fault) and we seem to still be at our first topic, 3.7... Hell, we don't get books until about week 6 (*sigh* Bonnyrigg).

So I was thinking about doing independent study, ahead of my class, so I can catch up to the other classes and probably beat them.

Any books or information that might be helpful?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Excel HSC Study Guide for General Math is pretty good. :D

I used it, it helped me.

nmbookworm

HSC
This is going to sound drastic but have you ever considered working for McDonalds? I'm currently employed there and one benefit is unlimited access to an online mathematics tutor with audio and animated tutorials which are AWESOME. There hasn't been one time where I didnt understand the lesson and as a bonus you can do the optional worksheet after you've completed the tutorial.

I have the same problem as you, I was in the top class for maths from yr 7 -10 but decided to do General in Yr 11 and 12 as i detest maths lol. The teacher is slow and the average brains of the class slow down her teaching even more. I went looking and found the online tutor. Havent looked back, aiming to get a Band 6 because of it ;)

IF however you can't obtain access via McDonalds then you could optionally pay the costs, visit http://mathematics.com.au/

I haven't really explored other methods of working ahead so there could be something better out there, but for now I'll stick with this.

Macca58

HSC
i totally agree with the mcdonalds thing, i just started using it then, splits all the topics up and teaches very well.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)