Want to study in the US or UK? You're going to have to take the SAT test. (1 Viewer)

sitk

HSC
Want to study overseas, particular the US or the UK?
Possibly at Harvard, Yale, MIT, Columbia, Oxford or for a college sports scholarship?

You’re going to need to take the SAT Reasoning Test and the SAT subject tests, and score quite high. The SAT test is required for admission to all top tier U.S. colleges and universities.

The SAT tests are not difficult, but require targeted practice. Scores can be boosted greatly through certain techniques, tips and practice.

Take a look at my final score, after such practice:

SAT Reasoning Test (formerly SAT I): 2300/2400 (99th Percentile)
(Initial score: 1960/2400, 340+ increase)

SAT Maths Level 2: 800/800 (Highest Possible Score)
(Initial Score: 680/800, 120+ increase)

SAT Biology: 800/800 (Highest Possible Score)
(Initial Score, 710/800, 90+ increase)

I offer tuition for the SAT Reasoning test, as well as the Mathematics Level 2 and Biology SAT Subject tests.
I also offer free advice on the US education system and the process of applying to U.S. colleges.

I am located in Cherrybrook, about a 15 minute walk from Cherrybrook Technology HS. Can also meet at Pennant Hills Library, located adjacent to Pennant Hills Station on the CityRail Northern Line.

I also offer a 1-hour free trial lesson, in which I will candidly explain the rewards and difficulties of US college admission, including costs, time constraints, college experience etc.

Call 0404855478 (Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm) for help with your SAT exam or for free advice on U.S. freshman college admission.(Please limit any PM or forum posts to short questions only. For any major questions or discussions, please call me at the number provided)

Last edited:

ash.t

HSC
You DO NOT need to take the SATs to study in the UK.

If anyone wants any information/tips on the SATs, PM me and I'll offer them free. I scored a 2340/2400 in the SAT Reasoning test.

sitk

HSC
ash.t is in fact correct for the UK. The UK does not REQUIRE the SAT test for college admission, although it is accepted and considered as part of the application for admission.

However, almost all U.S. colleges, including ALL top tier colleges require either the SAT or the ACT test for admission. (with the SAT much more widely available for students outside the United States).

That is actually why I offer advice only for U.S. college admission, not U.K. admission, for the very reason that the SAT is not a required part in UK admission as it is for U.S. admission.

(Original post edited to clear up any confusion)

sitk

HSC
John Oliver said:
The SAT's are a joke, you can get ridiculously high marks with no effort.
I think that's a bit harsh John, considering hundreds of thousands of people take the SAT annually, and the average score of college-bound high school students is only 1511/2400.

sitk

HSC
My point is that just because you are intelligent yourself, it doesn't mean you should simply patronise others less able (or less cynical) than you. If they are willing to work to get good scores, that's a hundred times more respectable than just you publishing on the internet that you got an "easy" high SAT score.

ash.t

HSC
sitk said:
ash.t is in fact correct for the UK. The UK does not REQUIRE the SAT test for college admission, although it is accepted and considered as part of the application for admission.

However, almost all U.S. colleges, including ALL top tier colleges require either the SAT or the ACT test for admission. (with the SAT much more widely available for students outside the United States).

That is actually why I offer advice only for U.S. college admission, not U.K. admission, for the very reason that the SAT is not a required part in UK admission as it is for U.S. admission.

(Original post edited to clear up any confusion)
Yep, fair enough - sorry, I just saw the title and jumped in.

sitk

HSC
Scissors said:
can you do the sat test online?
You can take official practice tests only, but no you cannot take the actual test online. In Sydney, the actual test is offered 6 times a year, at Macquarie University.

Scissors

HSC
sitk said:
You can take official practice tests only, but no you cannot take the actual test online. In Sydney, the actual test is offered 6 times a year, at Macquarie University.
and are these practice tests free? if so, link me please.

sitk

HSC
Scissors said:
and are these practice tests free? if so, link me please.
Yes, one official practice test is free.

Here is the link:

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/prep_one/test.html

By the way, the practice test takes around 3 and a half hours, so you'd need to set aside some time if you wanted actual test conditions.

Just to let you have a feel of what kind of scores are "good enough" for admission, the very best schools generally have average SAT scores of around 2100-2300, good schools have average scores around 1800-2100.

Please understand that the SAT is only one part of admission. Even a 2400 guarantees nothing at the very best schools. That is why these score ranges are average scores of students, nothing more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)