Want to take drugs? Teen guide 'shows how' (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Excellent points. My major qualm is the legality issue. I like the idea of government injecting rooms, where government controls the supply and demand, while it also covertly using addicts to track down the drug barons on the streets (when theyre refused more)

Gambling, drinking, smoking and promisciuos sex all have health and social risks, but they are begrudgingly allowed.
These contradictions enrage me.
Hahaha, ok. So i herd u liek ruddkips?

I don't agree with legalisation. Decriminalisation maaaaaaybe ...

boris

Banned
HSC
Slidey said:
Definitely agree.

It's like the fucking American concept that contraception shouldn't be taught because it encourages sex. Yeah, look where that gets them: a 0.6% HIV/AIDS prevalence rate, exorbitant numbers of teen pregnancies, and one of the largest STD rates of any Western country.
Just read a report today, NSW HIV/AIDS rate has remained stable.

Whoo.

Alvik

HSC
Slidey said:
Definitely agree.

It's like the fucking American concept that contraception shouldn't be taught because it encourages sex. Yeah, look where that gets them: a 0.6% HIV/AIDS prevalence rate, exorbitant numbers of teen pregnancies, and one of the largest STD rates of any Western country.
Oh man, I totally used that example when arguing with my rents about it.

And I think it is a great idea. If a kid chooses to ignore the warnings at least they will be able to do it safely.

ashlee-xx

HSC
"choosing drugs...but how to keep your head together"

man what the chung

everyone tries drugs/has tried them
but ppl just dnt understand that in some way it does fuck your head up
reality is much better then taking drugs i no
most ppl i know have taken them, and heaps of ppl i know wish they could go back to the simple day when they were younger and alcohol(even though it is a drug) was the thing
drugs complicate things
hence why the world has the highest rates of mental illness in the whole history of its existance
soft drugs, and drugs that make you live in a box thinking a mutant pillow is after you
they all fuck you up in some way
the end

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I think that the things saying if you choose to experiment at least the kids know how to be SAFER(drugs are never safe) in the process, i know people who are going to do drugs even if they get all the warnings in the world

Overall i think it never should of been banned

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
Slidey said:
You don't really know what you're talking about, do you?

Hahhaa nice display picture

so.... are you for drugs or against drugs :p If I could have a guess.... lol

Zrap

glock9
HSC
ashlee-xx said:
"choosing drugs...but how to keep your head together"

man what the chung

everyone tries drugs/has tried them
but ppl just dnt understand that in some way it does fuck your head up
reality is much better then taking drugs i no
most ppl i know have taken them, and heaps of ppl i know wish they could go back to the simple day when they were younger and alcohol(even though it is a drug) was the thing
drugs complicate things
hence why the world has the highest rates of mental illness in the whole history of its existance
soft drugs, and drugs that make you live in a box thinking a mutant pillow is after you
they all fuck you up in some way
the end
yeah....................... nooooooooooooooooo

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
BUT WESTERN SYDNEY!
After the HSC, I went to a rave with my mates. I saw two guys there from school who both got 99.95 pinging off their heads. Not suggesting that means it's a smart thing to do but it was pretty hilarious.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
JJBearPaw said:
I think it's a good idea in theory.

The people who take drugs and get busted will just blame it on the pamphlet though.

I reckon, if they start telling people how to take drugs, they'd have to make possession legal.

Nothing is good for everyone.
Possession is already decriminalized fucktard.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
They should apply harm minimisation to all drugs, not just hero and shiiit.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Slidey, assuming one was to moderately use/abuse either ecstacy or alcohol with the same frequency, which do you think is more dangerous? I mean like, drinking 6-10 standard drinks one night per week vs. 1-2 pills one night a week.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Realistically they should teach children how to make their own drugs!
I totally agree...I mean if they're going to educate about them in this way why not really save a life and do it that way.
It's not usually the drug/chemical that brings a high itself which kills kids but what has been added to it that does.

On the whole..I'm torn between all the reasons for and against

Russdog

russell
HSC
the amount of stupid fucks i've heard who believe the media lately amazes me. in the last week so many people have mentioned 'have you heard about that booklet that encourages kids to use drugs?'. fucking stupid fucks.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
^I've never read anything to suggest that type of dose of alcohol would be worse than that type of dose of ecstacy.

Interestingly, the book I'm reading right now lists relative addictivity of commonly abused substances as follows:

Nicotine: 99
Smoked methamphetamine: 98
Crack: 97
Injected methamphetamine: 92
Valium: 83
Seconal: 82
Alcohol: 81
Heroin: 80
Nasal amphetamine: 80
Nasal cocaine: 71
Caffeine: 70
PCP: 57
Marijuana: 22
Ecstacy: 20
Psilocybin: 19
LSD: 16
Mescaline: 15

Doesn't say anything about the harm (heroin would be right up the top next to crystal meth), but it's pretty interesting nonetheless.

EDIT: I am 100% for the decriminalisation of pretty much any drug...pretty much. From what I've heard, there doesn't really appear to be a lot of sane arguments for the legalisation of ice, but I'm willing to have my opinion changed there.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Riet said:
Speed more addictive than cocaine? I find that hard to believe. The Lancet says otherwise.
meh, the difference isn't that large. I think the purpose of the comparison was to show how legalised drugs can be more harmful than criminalised drugs.

Came from the following, if interested.

Perrine, D.M. (1996). The Chemistry of Mind-Altering Drugs. Washington DC: American Chemical Society

Slidey said:
Riet, though they are closely related. I think dependence is about a psychological need for the drug whereas addiction is more about a physical need.
I would think they mean the same thing. Addiction of a drug is from a biological craving for it, no? More or less same as dependance, me thinks.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Can't believe alcohol is higher then heroin tbh.

Shows what i know.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
From wiki:

Some contradictions but overall the same message - most drugs are less harmful than "accepted" drugs.

EDIT: Also kind of weird. I'd never heard of barbiturates being something that people depend on. :\

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
That's what I linked to, if it didn't work. It's from the Lancet, not just wiki. Barbituates are hardcore man, they're designed to knock you out.

Slidey said:
Methamphetamine shouldn't really be referred to as speed (generally unsubstituted amphetamine), even though the average user probably couldn't tell an equal dose of each one apart.
I was referring to "Nasal amphetamine: 80, Nasal cocaine: 71." I didn't think that insuflated speed had nearly as much potential as addiction as cocaine because there's not as much of a rush, which is an important part of addiction forming.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)