Want your opinion :) (1 Viewer)

Lauren264

HSC
Im absolutely loving ancient history, and am definitely doing it in year 12. I'm also planning on doing 4 unit english (advanced and 2 unit extension).

1) Will I be able to focus on a major work? Is it the main part of the course, or is there a huge exam?
2) Will it be too much work with E2?

My other subjects are general maths, religion 1.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
1) there is a coursework component which has exams, in addition to the research project. so it's not like E2 where you just do the major work and that's it. the research project forms a fairly big slice of the assessment load, though.

2) back when i did the HSC there were several people who did E2 and hist ext and i don't think they had many problems.

technicolour

HSC
I've asked about doing two major works, and the major piece of advice I've been given is that if you're an organised person, you should have no problem. Give it a go. If it's too much, drop it.

ericajane91

HSC
Uni Grad
I did Hisory Ext and Art so I had 2 major works and I handled both fine. Well, I got sick of Art halfway through the year which affected my major work, but the two major projects didn't conflict with each other at all. If you can orgainse yourself to a degree you should be fine :)

queline

HSC
Hiya,
This year I did Ext History, as well as Ext 1 & 2 English.
I found the Major Works fine, just have to keep on track.
the trick with Ext History is just to start literally as soon as possible. i left mine till term 2, which meant i had a fair bit of work to cram.
it's achievable, and fun, if you like history and english as much as me!
I say do it.
-Q.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)