Wanted: Latin tutor! (1 Viewer)

linguanima

HSC
I am yr 11 and now doing latin continuers by correspondence in the open high school and am the only person who does it in our school. i am now met up with heaps of difficulties but i really want to carry it on.

by the way... does latin scale you up in hsc??

Porcia

HSC
yeah latin does align/moderate thingy you up in hsc - a friend of mine reckons she got like crappier than her reported exam mark of 92; so i'd say defintely yeah; it also scales up for the uai if u do well. im not being too technical here as i have nfi how it all works but yes it does scale...

anyway i too am a open high now in yr 12 doing latin; and i understand your worries 100% i sent u a PM .

cicero

HSC
N/A
:wave: linguanima, r u stil having problems w/ ur latin? am a latin tutor based in RP. f it's jst a qstn or 2, jst reply to dis msg n u get an ansr. latin s fun evn f its hard to learn. usual prob of students is inflectns w/c s based on change in endings rather dan word order, pronouns or helping verbs, e.g. in amabit, ama=love, -bi-=will, -t=he. rearrange dis n u get "he will love". Not dat hard, s it?

Last edited:

cicero

HSC
N/A
:wave: r u stil having problems w/ ur latin? am a latin tutor based in RP. f it's jst a qstn or 2, jst reply to dis msg n u get an ansr. latin s fun evn f its hard to learn. usual prob of students is inflectns w/c s based on change in endings rather dan word order, pronouns or helping verbs, e.g. in amabit, ama=love, -bi-=will, -t=he. rearrange dis n u get "he will love". Not dat hard, s it?

Pongphisud

HSC
If you need Latin tutor, I can help you. Just post any question u have on this page and I'll try to explain it if I could. Latin is a good subject and it scales up quite a lot and so it would begreat if u can continue doing it.

Ippius

HSC
Latin requires continuous work. Doing last minute translations will not get you the mark you want.
Latin Extension however is a great subject. Not only is it easier in terms of the amount of translations you have to do but the subject is more engaging and creative.

parvus

HSC
but u don't rly "speak" it right... i guess u kinda hav 2 approach it in a way that is different to learning a modern euro language...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)