wanting a facial - can someone please recomend a beauty store in Sydney?? (1 Viewer)

stayfly

HSC
wanting a facial cleanse - can someone please recomend a beauty salon in Sydney??

i'm looking to get my first deep facial cleanse to clear up my skin and remove any blackheads from my face

i've never had a facial cleanse or even been to a beauty salon before, can anyone recommend any that are really good?

i'm a lil concerned cause i've heard removing blackheads can potentoal leave scars

thanks!

Last edited:
L

littlewing69

For real, though, can these things actually get rid of teh blackheads? What's involved?

stayfly

HSC
littlewing69 said:
For real, though, can these things actually get rid of teh blackheads? What's involved?
yeah they can. basically they soften and open the pores with a warm/face cleanse. then they remove all the blackheads and then put on a mask type thing to close the pores and to keep them clean

then from there they will usually reccomend soem producst to keep your face blackhead free

chicks know more about this stuff than i do though

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Re: wanting a facial cleanse - can someone please recomend a beauty salon in Sydney??

stayfly said:
i'm looking to get my first deep facial cleanse to clear up my skin and remove any blackheads from my face

i've never had a facial cleanse or even been to a beauty salon before, can anyone recommend any that are really good?

i'm a lil concerned cause i've heard removing blackheads can potentoal leave scars

thanks!
clean and clear blackhead remover loal :)

stayfly

HSC
littlewing69 said:
here's some more info from a dude that had one;

So I had my first facial the other day...

...and boy was it painful.

I went to this women's office in downtown chicago (i have been back home for a couple weeks).

So i go and lie down on my back on the padded table with a comfy pillow and its very relaxed in there. It was really relaxing.

-I guess this women is quite popular too, she told me that Gale Sayers is one of her more frequent clients.-

So then she puts this creme on my face that seems to be getting stiffer and stiffer as time goes on. Then she covers my eyes and puts a humidifier over my face, that felt great. So appernently this creme helps the oils release from your face and your black heads( for you fellows who may not know what they are: they are those little black dots you probably have on your nose/upper cheaks/face) come up.

now the pain begins:

Let me just say i have a new found respect for women and their quest for beauty. This women, though being gentle caused such pain to my face it is unbelievable. She popped every one of my pimples (even the ones that hadn't even developed yet!), she removed all my black heads from my nose/upper cheaks (there WERE a lot on my nose), and removed some deep infection that i had gotten from pimples a while back.

I'd say about half way through i had tears coming down my eyes and glued a smile to my face
b/c of the sheer PAIN!

That was the worst part but after that it was all uphill.

she put a closing mask on my so that my pours would close or else i would be in tremendous pain.

then she washed my face that did something i did not understand but I was feeling my skin breath.

Then there was one more mask and i was finished. After the pimple popping each mask was like 10minutes or so and was very relaxing.

When i was done I looked at myself in the mirror and was a bit red
b/c of the pimples popped but my nose was completely black-head free!

I had been using a clinique bar of soap and a clinique scrubing lotion for my face but the women gave me this green gel soap for my face and a peach colored scruffing lotion.

The day after my face looked amazing! I am talking the BEST it had ever looked. Even when i looked closely at it.

I now have been washing my face and scruffing it twice a day and putting on this white pimple cream at night and my face is looking HOT!

THE POINT: While some would call me "gay" or "metrosexual" for doing such a thing it really is a great thing to do. It is not cheap but your face is more important that the clothes you wear or the shoes you put on (at least to me).

I suggest that all you guys go and get a facial done.

L

littlewing69

Interesting.

Is there a less extreme way to get rid of them? I've got a decent smattering of them across my nose, a lot of them popping up during HSC unfortunately..

HSC
N/A
I had a chat to the head of the big beauty school in Hornsby a while back. She said that few people did the whole pimple-popping thing, and when in doubt always a good idea to ask beforehand whether they'll do it or not.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ah, removing blackheads is painful. I had a semi-facial for my formal, and the lady removed my blackheads by using this needle-type thing. Luckily the formal was relatively far away from where I got my facial, so that I didn't arrive with a painful grimace on my face.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
There are heaps of salons that do facials, but you need to pay quite a bit of money for a good one.

Lotus at Westfield BJ is the best I've tried. I think it's $70 for an hour.

You have to ask for an extraction facial, and they will get all the blackheads out of your skin and in a few days it will be clear and even.

Most beauticians don't pop actual whiteheads because doing that can cause scarring, but they can reccommend products that will clear up existing pimples.

The best thing to do is to go once every 3 weeks about 2 or 3 times, and your skin will totally clear up, and be radiant. After this, you can go back whenever you think your skin needs it, but if you use good products you shouldn't have to.

It's not worth skimping on a facial. If you find a good salon, they will seriously leave no pore unturned and you will glow.

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
Ah, removing blackheads is painful. I had a semi-facial for my formal, and the lady removed my blackheads by using this needle-type thing. Luckily the formal was relatively far away from where I got my facial, so that I didn't arrive with a painful grimace on my face.
hahah lucky you!! I had a giant allergy reaction after having my facial..(ended up in hospital :mad1:)

bassqueen16

HSC
ive had ones by Aveda, uber excellent because they use natural products with flower extracts and stuff so its good for your skin :) umm at mine they DID do the pimple popping thing but not with utensil thingies just a tissue and applied pressure so it didnt ache or anything, but she said you should never pop them with your fingers because the oils will get into the pores and just cause pimples again and blackheads, ewww :(

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i don't think facials can actually really get rid of blackheads permanently, unfortunately. they just keep the pores clear for a longer period of time than regular at-home exfoliation and cleansing can.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah arent blackheads just blocked pores?

I know you can clean them but you cant make them go away because pores will always be there, and there is always dirt around..

stayfly

HSC
AlleyCat said:
There are heaps of salons that do facials, but you need to pay quite a bit of money for a good one.

Lotus at Westfield BJ is the best I've tried. I think it's $70 for an hour.

You have to ask for an extraction facial, and they will get all the blackheads out of your skin and in a few days it will be clear and even.

Most beauticians don't pop actual whiteheads because doing that can cause scarring, but they can reccommend products that will clear up existing pimples.

The best thing to do is to go once every 3 weeks about 2 or 3 times, and your skin will totally clear up, and be radiant. After this, you can go back whenever you think your skin needs it, but if you use good products you shouldn't have to.

It's not worth skimping on a facial. If you find a good salon, they will seriously leave no pore unturned and you will glow.
that sounds great, i'mma try to go there

stayfly

HSC
bassqueen16 said:
ive had ones by Aveda, uber excellent because they use natural products with flower extracts and stuff so its good for your skin :) umm at mine they DID do the pimple popping thing but not with utensil thingies just a tissue and applied pressure so it didnt ache or anything, but she said you should never pop them with your fingers because the oils will get into the pores and just cause pimples again and blackheads, ewww :(
i like the sound of the natural products but the pimple popping sounds a bur scary :eek:

u were real happy with the results though? i might consider Aveda too :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Before reading this thread i thought black heads were some weird pimple that are the same size of normal pimples, but after searching google i can confirm that i have black heads on my nose in the same place as the ones in this image:

but not as dark as those ones..

Eek! now do find a way to get rid of them. I just looked in the mirror and it's worse than i thought :eek:
Put a hot/warm towel on your face for 10-15 mins, until your skin is soft and pink.

GENTLY for god's sake gently squeeze either side of the black dot with the fingers (cut your nails v short first).

Repeat for all blackheads.

NB if the blackhead doesn't come out after squeezing, just leave it for a few days.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Hahaha a PUMICE STONE?

As in:

?????

HAhahahhaha!

That will do a lot more harm than good. And those suction things don't work. The only way to get them out is to squeeze them or have someone else squeeze them.

AgentProvocateur:

Cleansing: Washing your face to get rid of dirt, excess oil, pollutants and makeup. I use cetaphil cleanser because I have sensitive skin.

Toning: Used to close pores after the warm water and cleanser has opened them. I use witch hazel, it's all natural and easy on my skin.

Moisturising: In my opinion very important for nice skin. I use olay oil free moisturiser with sunscreen in it, and it's better than the original olay because it's lighter. Cetaphil is also good and really cheap.

Exfoliating: Scrubs, lotions or astringents to take off the dead skin cells and renew skin. I use Clinique clarifying lotion. It used to be too strong for my skin, but I got used to it. Don't get cheap exfoliants because they often have big particles that are too abrasive.

Pimple cream: The best thing for pimples is a good dollop of benzoyl peroxide day and night for a few days. If you have bad acne, see a dermatologist.

Eye cream: Most people my age don't use eye cream, but I find it gets rid of puffiness and bags and (I suppose) prevents wrinkles. I use Jurlique eye cream, it's not too rich. Some eye creams are too rich and cause milia (white dots under the skin).

Face mask: Important for keeping skin soft and clear, you can get an extracting mask to get rid of dirt, a soothing mask to relieve tight, sensitive skin or a moisturising mask for dry skin (amonst others). I use Jurlique lavender mask, which gets rid of dirt, soothes my skin and relaxes me. Do this once or twice a week.

Yeah, I think that's about all.

Last edited:

bassqueen16

HSC
stayfly said:
i like the sound of the natural products but the pimple popping sounds a bur scary :eek:

u were real happy with the results though? i might consider Aveda too :)
yeah ive had it like 3 times since then and ive had nothing but good results, from the sounds of it the pimple popping :eek: is not as bad with aveda than other places cos they dont use those horrible utensils which look scary :| but yeah natural flower extracts and such, good for your skin :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
agentprovocater said:
Jurlique
benzoyl peroxide
Clinique
Cetaphil
witch hazel

ps. Alleycat, do I have to do all of those(procedures)?
pps. I'm a guy
Try all of them and see what works for you.

Oh, and trust me on this one. Don't use pumice stone on your face ever again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)