Was English Standard the right choice? (1 Viewer)

Q2Q

Hey guys..
The HSC is looming an im shiting myself about english... cause i do jack all at school.

I do standard english. I know it scales u down and ive heard that it gets scaled down heaps..for eg. 80 will get scaled down to 70 or less.. is this for real? and to not get scaled down ur need to be around about the 85s. The wierd thing is that ive been punching in marks into the Lazseeker UAi thingy and it doesnt seem to scaled that much, infact godd scaling starts at about 80s where as for Advance it starts at about 86. So wats the deal?... can someone fill me out one this.

Q2Q

Originally posted by ...
u sure standard will scale u up when u reach 80s????

thats really weird...
As i said i use that Lazseeker(2001) calulator thingy.. i dunno if its true either

MysticEye

I really dont know why ppl worry bout scaling at this stage, u cant change your subjects now. So why not just forget bout how its gonna be scaled and do your best and try and achieve the highest mark u can get?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You can't compare aligned marks (which is what you're entering into the program) with scaled marks (which is what the program reports). They are equivalencies; they don't tell you whether a mark was 'scaled up' or 'scaled down', as in fact it is the raw marks that are scaled, not the aligned marks.

Both Standard and Advanced are scaled in the same way, and have had average scaling over the past two years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)