Was it just me... (1 Viewer)

deception

HSC
or did anyone get thrown away buy the large stimulii it gave and the non directive questions? I did the cathloic trial and got 84%... the HSC was moderate is it didnt quite state what the question asked... I mean where in the syllabus did it say about Emails being suspect.

maskd

HSC
I found it to be pretty nice, the questions allowed for a fair bit of waffle. The large stimulii were annoying thought, meant more reading.

simonj2

hero
HSC
the email question was dodgy.. was i the only one who said one of the reasons it was fake was the bad spelling? i mean, 'notifikation'...

randomstudent

HSC
pextro said:
there was heaps of dodgy stuff in the email. i said that the link down the bottom was netbank.com and the email address was at @bankofaustralia.com, which suggests the email is sent by someone trying to get your details.
yup same, the 2 words spelt incorrectly, i also wrote that the link given wasnt a correct link, it had a protocol of http:// instead ofthe more secure: https:// used by most sites now.

also: there was NO LOGO on the email, i nearly missed it =)

mattyz

HSC
i put that it wasnt addressed clearly like they didnt say anything about the customers name and also the subject header was simular to spam and also it didnt allow you to contact people via different methods if you read the text down the bottom is was directing you to another form

Marquis

HSC
Yeh i talked about https and lack of contact options for the bank and the forceful nature of the wording etc...
Exam was easy.

xx__savannah

HSC
That was way easier than anything in the syllabus.

I mean it's common sense... no logo, bad grammar/spelling, conflicting names/URLS, too much emphasis on "sign in now!"

Sometimes the stimulus was too confusing, I mean, the vet question was partly just comprehension.

maskd

HSC
I said it was suspicious because of bad spelling, and also because the footer down the bottom said that Billing@bankofaustralia.com wont receieve your mail because your not sending it securely... I've never heard of that before, I've only heard "this is an automated response", but I've never seen in a real mail a specific "you CANNOT reply here, they wont get your mail", instead they send you to a link in which the URL is masked.

Glen88

HSC
Yeh, it was a big clue in the footer saying that the message "wont" be transmitted "securely," when all that stuff always is.

deception

HSC
That wasn't the only problem... they got us talking about Nav machines... wtf did they buy out the BoS so they could put it in... i mean where the fuck are the questions that actually TESTED your KNOWLEDGE or the course/syllabus.

simonj2

hero
HSC
I liked how at the bottom of the page it had "Sincerely, Bank of Australia customer trust department" - gotta love that trust department

hotcocoa

HSC
I also hinted the irony in the email with it ending, "customer trust department" - there's no such thing is there? lol

I put down the mistaken spelling, lack of logo and link given.

The stimulus was troublesome, but it's way better than English. Lol

xx__savannah

HSC
deception said:
That wasn't the only problem... they got us talking about Nav machines... wtf did they buy out the BoS so they could put it in... i mean where the fuck are the questions that actually TESTED your KNOWLEDGE or the course/syllabus.

Best questions in the whole paper, hands down. Pretty much static vs dynamic. My response became an ad for it, pretty much, plus a few lame jokes -- had to keep my morale up.
But yeah, I guess syllabus isn't the be-all-and-end-all if you base it off the paper...

HSC
The email question was a nice one.

A bank would not let such obvious spelling mistakes as that as it takes away from the image they would try to create as a professional institution.

And if it is Bank of Australia, why would the site you visit be www.netbank.com? when that doesn't even correspond with the email address of ...@bankofaustralia.com

That's how I went about it.

The NavMap was a bit dodgy at first, but as you say, static vs. dynamic. I have to say mine became a bit of an ad for it too, but I answered the question. Which is what they want - or so I'm led to believe.

I had a few witty remarks up my sleeve but I held back. I've heard they're not always the most fun people when they're marking.

xx__savannah

HSC
Yeah, I had just got out of a funeral and was contemplating not even doing the exam, so I needed to write those comments for myself. And oh well, they're true "just like driving with your significant other providing directions so you don't take your eyes off the road, minus the nagging about your driving", and "the GPS auto updates your position on the screen so you can see where you are and see if you're lost yet" among a few other not-funny ones.

I'm glad they decided to use a generic clip-art pic of a hand instead of a logo, I crapped on about that for a bit and how it can be created by anyone with half a brain.

What did you put for the risks for clicking the link? I did the obvious, sending details to unscrupulous bloke on other end which can lead to fraud and whatnot, and then decided to chuck in stuff about keyloggers and viruses cos it was worth 4, including justification and suggeted method, wasn't it?

HSC
I spoke about phising for that one.
How if you enter it in they can access all your details and use it to buy things online and take money out of your account etc.
MySpace Tom wrote a blog on it. Tom's my hero lol.

I said something to do with the last question about contacting your ISP so they can crack down on the originating address or something - not even sure if they can do that - and contacting the bank to see if the update is actually necessary and, if it is, to do it through the bank's secure website instead of clicking the link.

xx__savannah

HSC
lol @ you and Tom. Nice myspace page, by the way.

I just said mark the email as junk. Seems stupid compared to your answer now though.

Ready for Chem tomorrow? I know I'm not. I hate this timetabling -- the subject I'm topping, the subject I don't care about, my best subject, then my worst subject all in one week.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah the timetable never seems to work out well for anyone

last year they put chemistry and software on the same day and i remember heaps of people were dirty about that one....

good luck people!!

insanerp

HSC
xx__savannah said:
Best questions in the whole paper, hands down. Pretty much static vs dynamic. My response became an ad for it, pretty much, plus a few lame jokes -- had to keep my morale up.
But yeah, I guess syllabus isn't the be-all-and-end-all if you base it off the paper...
lol i was thinking the same thing while i wrote, "damn this sounds like an ad"
overall whole paper was pretty good i will be suprised if i get less than mid 80's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)