Was it just me... (1 Viewer)

maskd

HSC
For the email question, one of the alternative course of actions to deal with the email would be to turn off HTML email, so that any further emails that may look suspicious, the urls can be looked at... Or something like that, of course only if the users are "power users", aka "leet cuntz"

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I personally like this trend (in the HSC in general) towards application of the syllabus, rather than previous emphasis on rote learning.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
^ Definitely agree, I fail hard at learning definitions for everything off by heart. Might sound weird but but I understand how almost everything in this topic "works", I understand why things do what they do and how they do it, I just find it hard to answer a question that asks something so specific. I really really liked the paper.

For the alternative course of action I wrote that you can manually call the bank about the email. The bank could issue warnings for other customers. This would also confirm the off chance that the email was legit (lol).

JoAn.T

HSC
randomstudent said:
yup same, the 2 words spelt incorrectly, i also wrote that the link given wasnt a correct link, it had a protocol of http:// instead ofthe more secure: https:// used by most sites now.

also: there was NO LOGO on the email, i nearly missed it =)
I did exactly the same thing as you

wazzaisaweirdo

HSC
I thought over all it was a pretty dam good paper. That maths part of question 21 i think?? UGH totally had no idea which sucked cause i knew i knew it but had a MAJOR mental blank. GRRR Oh well only 3 marks LOL.

LAST EXAM!! WOOHOO!!

Lauren

wazzaisaweirdo

HSC
I thought over all it was a pretty dam good paper. That maths part of question 21 i think?? UGH totally had no idea which sucked cause i knew i knew it but had a MAJOR mental blank. GRRR Oh well only 3 marks LOL.

Oh and of course it ended up with EVERYONE having too much spacre time at the end... Or was that just my school? I couldnt believe it! It was like the bloody trial!!!

LAST EXAM!! WOOHOO!!

Lauren

makemyday

HSC
deception said:
or did anyone get thrown away buy the large stimulii it gave and the non directive questions? I did the cathloic trial and got 84%... the HSC was moderate is it didnt quite state what the question asked... I mean where in the syllabus did it say about Emails being suspect.
yeah i didnt like this paper too much..found it harder than last yrs'...the core section i disliked the most...the questions i feel werent really based on the sylabus..i guess it was more common sense and application of what you learn and not just memorising a bunch of concepts and spitting it out in the exam ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)