• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

wat are some post modern artists under these categories (1 Viewer)

mzcricket48

HSC
1. dark/apocolyptic (2)
2. electronic age and cyber culture (2)
3. high art populat culture kitsch (2)
4. the found object (2)
5. political art and art that shocks(2)
6. pluralism-old traditions continue (2)
7. architecture and design(2)

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
mzcricket48 said:
1. dark/apocolyptic (2)
2. electronic age and cyber culture (2)
3. high art populat culture kitsch (2)
4. the found object (2)
5. political art and art that shocks(2)
6. pluralism-old traditions continue (2)
7. architecture and design(2)
Post Modern artist and category:
2. Stelarc - believes that electronics and technologies are things to look forward to in the future. Works post modernly as he uses lasers, computers, internet, medical instruments etc. to create his art - and he is a performance artist which is a post modern approach

look him up =]
that's all i'll help you with

recallflash

HSC
(5) Joel Peter Witkin - Photographer, does B/W photography, uses his own techinique when exposing and developing in the darkroom
Claimed his 'drive' in photography first came from when he was a little boy, his family were heading out one day and there was a car crash outside of his house, he watched a small girl be decapitated in the crash, saw something roll from the wreckage. As he drew near it he found her head. And as he reached out to touch it he was pulled away. From what I remember he said that it was 'talking' to him. That's what i remember anyway.
His photography focuses on body parts, as well as the grotesque or the unusual. Photographs of limbs, dwarfs, hemaphrodites etc.

Robert Mapplethorpe also, while not as shocking as Peter witkin
(to me anyway), his work challenges the conventions of his time. Ignoring racial stands at the time. strong vibes of homosexuality, sadomasochistic erotica. All Perhaps some of his work was able to shock. One of his self portraits for example. Two words. Bull whip.
Some of his work is amazing though.

anyway, hope that helps

cassie555

HSC
(5)- Damien Hirst- some of his works are really gross but his passion for art making is lacking. he enjoys shocking for the sake of shoking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)