wat do u wear to the races.....????? (1 Viewer)

Bourkey

HSC
Ok so for my DnT major projetc im makin a top that goes with two different interchangable skirts. My main theme is of rthe races ane other social events of the like!!! SO could i get some feed back on the topic if u dont mind plz... Id like to hear from both boys and girls to..... Coz i need it for the research section of my folio.
Ok.....
  • what do u wear to these events?
  • Do u buy somethin new fro each event?
  • How often do u attned these events?
  • What don u look for in these outfits that u buy for these events?
  • how much would u spend on these outfits?
  • Do u wear them more than once?
  • And any other commnets that u think could help or u just want to add!
Thanks a heap!
Bourkey.....:wave: ;)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im thinking like chiffon, flowy, lots of pastel colours.

As far as the other questions go, used to go out with a society boy so I went to the races regularly, I didn't buy something new everytime, but I never wore the same thing twice cos that was a big no-no. For an outfit for the races I'd look for something I'd wear again and as such wouldn't mind what I spent on it (within reason).

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
cocktail dresses
halter tops
cleavage showing dresses/tops
knee length skirts

yeah, i went to the races for melbourne cup and spent $80 on a new dress, $30 on stilettos and $25 on a fascinator.

havent worn the dress since (been over a year). worn the shoes since. lost the fascinator somewhere in my room.

princessrach

HSC
Well last week i bought a dress for the races and its black, 50's style, strapless and just above my knees with a swirly white pattern on the skirt. it cost me $79 and thats bout the max i would spend on a dress. bought black closed in 3inch heels for $25 (bargain!) and a blck fluffy head thingy for $12 (another bargain from a closing down sale!) thats bout the max for me coz im a bit pov at the mo. ive never been to the races before but i would definately go again and i do go to other various fancy dress events as well and i would NEVER buy an outfit if i was only gonna wear it once - even my yr10 formal dress has been out with me about 3 times but i would also NEVER wear the same outfit to the same event. ie my black 50's dress will never again be worn to St Pats Races. Possibly races in another town somewhere far away, but not locally.

princessrach

HSC
Well last week i bought a dress for the races and its black, 50's style, strapless and just above my knees with a swirly white pattern on the skirt. it cost me $79 and thats bout the max i would spend on a dress. bought black closed in 3inch heels for $25 (bargain!) and a blck fluffy head thingy for $12 (another bargain from a closing down sale!) thats bout the max for me coz im a bit pov at the mo. ive never been to the races before but i would definately go again and i do go to other various fancy dress events as well and i would NEVER buy an outfit if i was only gonna wear it once - even my yr10 formal dress has been out with me about 3 times but i would also NEVER wear the same outfit to the same event. ie my black 50's dress will never again be worn to St Pats Races. Possibly races in another town somewhere far away, but not locally. hope i helped

bex

HSC
ive heard that for autumn racing hats should be felt and women should wear dark coloured suits whilst for spring dancing a woman should wear dresses in pastels, hats and fascinators made from straw

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i dont go to races, but i commonly attend race wars. to which i proudly wear an Australian flag draped over my normal casual clothes :)

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
breaking said:
i dont go to races, but i commonly attend race wars. to which i proudly wear an Australian flag draped over my norman casual clothes :)

I'd so rep that if the system was still in place!

HSC
I usually wear "flowy" fine silk dresses, never anything with stretch/spandex/lycra because i think it looks tacky (for some reason). I don't buy something new for the event, i usually end up impulse buying something if it's pretty even when I don't an event to attend. i usually go to these sorts of things every few months or so.
the last time i went to the races, i wore an alice mccall dress (which i did not intentionally buy for the races specifically) which was $380, shoes were cheapies from overseas, no fascinator/hat because it would have deterred the attention away from the dress. i like something outstanding and not like what you'd expect everyone to wear (and believe me, a majority of people wear the same sort/style of dresses at the races, and it gets boring). what i look for in a dress is contrast in colors, fine detail, etc.
i generally buy dresses with the intention of wearing them again, as it's waste of money if i didn't, but i wouldn't wear the same dress to the same event or when i expect teh same people to be around.

Bourkey

HSC
Thansk so much people this is realy helpin me.... but if u can keep postin replies for me....:)

Bourkey

G

genavania

and you have to remember a hat. something little and feathery thats really cute but also really sophisticate and doesnt look like a bird just died on your head.

HSC
genavania said:
and you have to remember a hat. something little and feathery thats really cute but also really sophisticate and doesnt look like a bird just died on your head.

hehe that was one of the reasons i don't wear a hat/fascinator, because i can't find a decent one that doesn't look like like a dead feathery mess. i just opted for quiffed hair and heavier eye make up in greens + bronze/copper glitter so i didn't look boring

Always

HSC
[*]what do u wear to these events?

'Pretty', feminine dresses, heels (no flats) and a small hair piece. No hats or large fascinators for me.

[*]Do u buy somethin new fro each event?

Mostly. Like someone said, you can't be seen in the same outfit.

[*]How often do u attned these events?

At least once a month but usually more often during Spring.

[*]What don u look for in these outfits that u buy for these events?

Dresses that are too casual and 'stiff' are a no, as are overtly 'sexy' (read: tacky) combinations.

[*]how much would u spend on these outfits?

Varies...

[*]Do u wear them more than once?

Yes (out to lunch, parties, and the like).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)