• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

wat mark is considered good? in MX2 (2 Viewers)

P

pLuvia

because of heard that 70% plus is a gud mark.. but i consider 80% < is a crap mark.. lol

justchillin

HSC
depends mate, I would say anything over 105 is great but anything over 80 is respectable, gl with it...

P

pLuvia

justchillin said:
depends mate, I would say anything over 105 is great but anything over 80 is respectable, gl with it...
like in my MX1 class.. the teacher thinks that an average of 75% is gud.. but i seriously think its crap lo.. no offense i just have high expectations lol..

justchillin

HSC
indeed as do I, if we are being honest I will be disappointed with anything below 108/120...

P

pLuvia

justchillin said:
indeed as do I, if we are being honest I will be disappointed with anything below 108/120...
lol.. its gonna be quite interesting in my 2006 4u class... coz.. theres this girl thats realy smart.. sumtimes i beat her.. sumtimes she beats me.. :):( but i reckon that my 4u class will have about max 10 people.. lol.. and the battle between me and her will begin ahah

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
justchillin said:
Justchillin, you are so going to kill maths. Congratulations on your 2004 results. :)

justchillin

HSC
thanks dude, but we'll see how I go, I havent done the exam yet...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
justchillin said:
Disappointed with 108? That's virtually an aligned mark of 97, which would no doubt place you around the top 20-30. Anyhow, good luck with it. I like people with ambition :)
Personally, I'd be overjoyed with ~95/120 though my ultimate aim is for 100+/120. My "disappointed" range would probably be around <75.

HSC
N/A
there is no good mark in ext two.
its all realative, you have to be in the top 40% in your school (decent school). when it comes to the actual hsc, as long as you get half the paper right or a bit more....its a guranteed top band!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
holla back girl said:
its all realative, you have to be in the top 40% in your school (decent school). when it comes to the actual hsc, as long as you get half the paper right or a bit more....its a guranteed top band!
Probably around one whole question more than half the paper...at least.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
holla back girl said:
Hmmm.

Well I go to North Sydney Boys High... and for four unit, I'm currently travelling pretty well, I guess. Coming 7th out of 69/70 at the moment.

You know, I'm the only guy in the top twenty who doesn't do tuition? And I'm one of only two white guys in the top twenty.

I can only assume that the trials are going to be incredibly tough, because I've averaged 91% for our in-school assessments. The three guys running equal first are all averaging 97 or 98 for our in-school exams.

Our teacher told us that state average for the Ext 2 exam is 3.5 / 8 right... so that'd be about 52 or 53 out of 120. Not sure as to the validity of this statement...

Realistically, I'm aiming for somewhere between 95 and 105.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
95/100 aligned is good for ME2.

P

pLuvia

DRAGONZ said:
Hmmm.

Well I go to North Sydney Boys High... and for four unit, I'm currently travelling pretty well, I guess. Coming 7th out of 69/70 at the moment.

You know, I'm the only guy in the top twenty who doesn't do tuition? And I'm one of only two white guys in the top twenty.

I can only assume that the trials are going to be incredibly tough, because I've averaged 91% for our in-school assessments. The three guys running equal first are all averaging 97 or 98 for our in-school exams.

Our teacher told us that state average for the Ext 2 exam is 3.5 / 8 right... so that'd be about 52 or 53 out of 120. Not sure as to the validity of this statement...

Realistically, I'm aiming for somewhere between 95 and 105.
o ok.. wow great makrs dragonz~

A l

HSC
N/A
Mathematics Extension 2 has very high peforming students. About 80% of students doing the course get into the top 2 bands.
The state average for Mathematics Extension 2 hovers around an aligned mark of 80 each year.

tempco

HSC
i remember my teacher telling me that if you get a band 6, it's not all that great. you should be aiming for around ~93-94. i scrapped in the 90s (with a 90), and i was terrible at ext 2.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
in terms of raw mark, its really dependant on the test, and then it realy comes down 2 ur ability and wat ur aiming for, im sure casebash and other ruse boys will get on here and say that 110 is a 'gud' mark whereas id say this is an excellent mark, anything over 70 raw is gud...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)