wat mark is considered good? in MX2 (1 Viewer)

chubbaraff

Proudly BOS Left
HSC
Perhaps Just Chillin should have done the HSC a year earlier, for us meer mortals however, 4u at 17 years of age will suffice :p

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Don't aim for a mark, just aim to beat 1/4 students. Doing that scores you a 2 unit equivalent of 90.
Slide Rule said:
Indeed. I am all for challenging talented students, but I don't think the 4u course is the place for that. They would be freer to pursue their interests if said interests were not restricted by the HSC and its exams.
If the students are truly interested in taking maths to the "next level", then they would find their own avenues of doing so. It's not like the HSC is designed to restrict students, at least I never found so ... and look what happened.
justchillin said:
The reason I want a harder exam is becasue I think the q8 should be for talented students who can see the linkage; at the moment if u do a shitload of past papers and are well prepared, then the q8 u will have proably seen before... and why should we be complacent with 70 or 80%; the way I see it, over 90% raw mark is certaintly not an impossibility, considering the level of genius present even here on this forum...
Don't forget 2003 - No one in the state scored over 90% in the exam (raw mark).

Last edited:

lucifel

narcissitic angel
HSC
it will be done this year Keypad. It must be done, we have really smart people doing the HSC. Coming onto these boards have crushed what little dreams i had of topping the state in 4U. Oh well.

P

pLuvia

i'll be really unhappy if i don't get into MX2 next term, i mean my marks range from like 70 - 100% inclusive so yeah. The harder topics ii usually get in the 90s but things like geometry etc *thumbs down* 70~% so yeah

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
i got 103.5/120 in my trial... thats definatly leading to a decent band E4?
came first, but 2 ppl were very close with 102 and 101, the others not so close.
last yr 6 people from my school got band E4 for 4unit (highest being 98) so i hope for a solid band E4 mark.
it was a mixture of independent, western region and some other paper.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

hey congrats mate,
i as just wondering what is the order of hardness of the trial papers, eg, independent, western, CSSA and others?

HSC
Hehe, our trial was fun; Brian Leung got 119/120
I'm making a statue of him outside college street tomorrow, if anyone wants to help worship this demigod, I'll see you around 12.30.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
kadlil said:
hey congrats mate,
i as just wondering what is the order of hardness of the trial papers, eg, independent, western, CSSA and others?

well CSSA is first by a long while, then the rest are even ?? i dont know i havn't had much experience with each paper, i do hsc papers.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
yrtherenonames said:
I'm making a statue of him outside college street tomorrow, if anyone wants to help worship this demigod, I'll see you around 12.30.
College Street...hmm, is that SGS?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
yrtherenonames said:
Good to see him getting marks like these. I personally want him to top maths this year.

David_O

HSC
N/A
With a mark like that at SGS, it's probably a given. :p
(well I guess you can never really tell for sure, but...)

Windytree

HSC
WOw..you people are all so smart...um... um... maybe my maths mark won't be counted then..erm...
Actually...
*RUns and HIdEs behinD maths books*

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Captain pi said:
How do you (or others) know this? Please reference.
He didn't answer more than ~90% of the external exam, and he came first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)