78% in maths ext2
85% in ext1
83% in chem
85% in physics

wat uai do u think i can get?

kaito

HSC
blah-blah-blah said:
yeah, just do a SAM estimate. but remember, its not definite.
but shall i put my raw mark o scaled mark there?

7th Sign

HSC
umm I am guessing like 90 +

y are you doing esl? because usually all the kids at my school who do that do like all vet courses and auto....

kaito

HSC
i reckon it's bloody hard, maybe because i v been here 4 2 yrs only

Srixon

HSC
7th sign he is doing esl because he hasnt been in the country for as long and is more compinent in another language. There are plenty of people who come from other countrys and r usually the ones that usually gain the high uai's

Srixon

HSC
y the heck do u ask y he is doing esl that is just plain stupid and just becasue the people at your school do different subjects doesnt mean he cant do others. he may not think he is confinent enough in english to do standard etc. but he seems as though he will do well in his other subjects as these course have content in them that are more common across the world which does not nead great english skills to do.

Chao i would say if you get them marks u will atleast be looking for 90+ try SAM on this site put them marks in then u will be able to get a rough indication of what u will get but your UAI should eb higher than it thinks as i think it is designed for a moderated mark.
Hope u get the UAI u need and good luck

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh you are doing well in the difficult subjects (apart from ESL)- so I think you should be able to get a decent UAI (90+)

hobbsy4

Hardcore Member
HSC
Srixon said:
7th sign he is doing esl because he hasnt been in the country for as long and is more compinent in another language. There are plenty of people who come from other countrys and r usually the ones that usually gain the high uai's
7th Sign, u need to realise that you're f*cked in the head.

MarsBarz

HSC
You dumbasses. ESL is much better than Standard English. Less than a handful of people get a band 6 in standard whereas 1% get a band 6 in ESL.
Thus if you are eligible for ESL, DO NOT DO STANDARD. Alternatively, if you are confident enough, you should do Advanced.

A l

HSC
N/A
MarsBarz said:
You dumbasses. ESL is much better than Standard English. Less than a handful of people get a band 6 in standard whereas 1% get a band 6 in ESL.
Thus if you are eligible for ESL, DO NOT DO STANDARD. Alternatively, if you are confident enough, you should do Advanced.
That is the case because it is easier to attain a band 6 in English As A Second Language than in English (Standard). However, when it comes to scaling and the UAI, English (Standard) is better scaled than English As A Second Language. Keep in mind that English (Standard) and English (Advanced) are scaled a single course and English As A Second Language is scaled as a separate course.
http://www.boredofstudies.org/scaledmeans.php

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)