water drinking issue (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
how long have you been using cetaphil for?????
about 4 years. i started using it because physohex (which i just used because it was in the cupboard) almost burnt the skin off my face, and it was then i realised that my skin was bitchingly irritable...

yeah, i think i'll try that dermaid, i'll buy some today if you think it'll help.
i think its getting worse :(

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Ohh ok well if you have been using it for 4 years then all is good. I just thought that maybe that could potentially be the problem because i started using it and absolutely loved it, my skin was soft, cleared up really well etc etc but then after about 6 or so months i noticed my pores were getting clogged up and when i switched off cetaphil it improved. Apparantly thats one problem people find with it IF they have a problem at all- i guess i was unlucky.

let me know how you go with the dermaid. hope it helps :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i went to the chemist and the woman said that it would make my skin thinner and more delicate, so i didn't buy it. she showed me this other cream with honey or something but i'm skeptical of non-drug creams etc :) so i gave it a miss.

i think i'm just going to see a gp with my ever expanding list of ailments and see what he says about it.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Fair enough. Yeah thats the problem with it, the thinning. I didnt realise the weaker one does it too. Lucky i only have to use it every now and then.

Good luck with the visit, hope they find something to help with it.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Reshie said:
actually i learnt this at lectures but people are capable of being addicted to water...like i mean drinking 15-25litres
oh...wow. well, i think im addicted. but i don't drink quite that much. I get to about 10 bottles a day, which is what, 7 litres? damn its so annoying needing to go to the toilet pretty much constantly but i cannot stop drinking it.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
KylieR said:
Medi-honey will actually work in this case.
it will? do you know what i suffer from then?

the thing is, i come from a family of hippies, and i had so many scares with fevers and infections and not getting rid of them because the herbal treatments were inneffective, that i cant help but be slightly suspicious.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
just thought i'd update y'all.

i have continued the drinking of shitloads of water.
my skin has cleared up completely.
i bought dermaid and used it for 5 days, the skin cleared up but is still pink-ish.

yeah, i'm happy now.

shortie_689

HSC
AlleyCat said:
ok. here's the thing.
i moved to melbourne in february.

since arriving here, the drier, less humid, colder climate has wreaked havok on my previously clear, trouble-free skin.

i have what looks like excema on my neck and driness around my nose.

a friend told me to drink lots of water, which will help with clearing up the driness/redness.

4 days ago i started drinking about 3 litres of water a day, which has made me feel better health wise, and the dry skin is looking less red.

HOWEVER, i have begun breaking out in small pimples on my forehead, chin and cheeks, and i hadn't had a pimple in almost a year before that.

what is going on!?!?
is the water making me break out? if so, why the hell!

any help would be appreciated.
ABSOLUTELY EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO ME ever since i started uni

philly17

It could be a hormonal imbalance. Sounds like it the the forehead, chin and cheeks are areas i have whiteheads smallish pimples. Its mostly from hormonal imbalance problems I have. Unfortuntaley these dont go away with normal skin products (I have tried alot of thing ovre the past 3 yrs!!). The bumps on my forehead have gone since going on a strict natural diet and plenty of water and moisteriser. Things like smoking, alcohol, coffee and soft drink also dont go well with skin problems.

shortie_689

HSC
i was wondering when someone would comment on his OH SO USEFUL COMMENT...
SO anyway I said I am experiencing the same thing... I went to the doctor, and he put me on antibiotics... and a gel... He told me to wash my face with sorbolene and my skin has never felt sooooo soft its a lovely feeling and such a CHEAP face wash... NO MAKEUP and no creams at all... I also cut out all soft drink from my diet an anything high in sugar or fat so we will see how that goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)