Water Engineering (1 Viewer)

MJRey

HSC
Hi there,
Is there anyone here who can give some first-hand insights on water engineering ie. employability, future demand, work environment etc?

cossine

HSC
Hi there,
Is there anyone here who can give some first-hand insights on water engineering ie. employability, future demand, work environment etc?
I would suggest you ask person on Linkedln.

MJRey

HSC
Water engineering is a field that involves the design, construction, and maintenance of systems and structures for the collection, treatment, and distribution of water. The demand for water engineers is expected to increase in the future as the population continues to grow and the need for clean, safe water becomes more pressing. Water engineers have many opportunities to work in a variety of settings, including government agencies, consulting firms, and private companies. They may also work on projects in different locations around the world. The work environment can be challenging as it may include working in remote locations, on tight deadlines, and under varying weather conditions.

In terms of employability, water engineers with a master's degree in water resources engineering and experience in a specific area of expertise are in high demand. The field is expected to continue to grow, providing opportunities for engineers with relevant qualifications and experience.
Thank you so much for the insights! That was really helpful.

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
It seems to be in high demand from asking ppl i know in similar fields (urban planning/architecture) who work with water engineers . There are different branches of water engineering such as hydrology, coastal engineering, wasterwater engineering, flood engineering and hydraulic engineering.

Considering how flooding is a big issue for Australia, you could get into that. For flood engineering, you basically write flood reports, map out floods and draw plans out on how to drain out stormwater.

hopefully this helps a bit :)

MJRey

HSC
It seems to be in high demand from asking ppl i know in similar fields (urban planning/architecture) who work with water engineers . There are different branches of water engineering such as hydrology, coastal engineering, wasterwater engineering, flood engineering and hydraulic engineering.

Considering how flooding is a big issue for Australia, you could get into that. For flood engineering, you basically write flood reports, map out floods and draw plans out on how to drain out stormwater.

hopefully this helps a bit :)
That's a great help, thanks! I always knew there were a lot of career paths within Engineering, but it's amazing to think that you can have even more branches of water engineering, which is one of many types of engineering careers! I was wanting to do civil, but then water engineering piqued my interest. And from all the stuff I'm hearing from you guys, I'm actually considering it for my future career. I'm going to try to study elective courses in my Engineering degree that are relevant to water engineering and see where that takes me!

shinnis

HSC
Water engineering is a field that involves the design, construction, and maintenance of systems and structures for the collection, treatment, and distribution of water. The demand for water engineers is expected to increase in the future as the population continues to grow and the need for clean, safe water becomes more pressing. Water engineers have many opportunities to work in a variety of settings, including government agencies, consulting firms, and private companies. They may also work on projects in different locations around the world. The work environment can be challenging as it may include working in remote locations, on tight deadlines, and under varying weather conditions.

In terms of employability, water engineers with a master's degree in water resources engineering and experience in a specific area of expertise are in high demand. The field is expected to continue to grow, providing opportunities for engineers with relevant qualifications and experience.
bro....1675677555473.png you really just copy pasted their q into chatgpt didnt you 😂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)