Water monitoring and management syllabus (1 Viewer)

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
In this part of the module, the syllabus introduces factors that can be taken into account when considering water quality (e.g. turbidity).
Another dotpoint says that we need to know about qualitative and quantitative tests for these factors.
Then, does this mean that we just need to know what equipments to use and how to use them, or do we also need to know, as textbooks GO ON ABOUT IT FOR PAGES, how these devices work? (e.g. Jarcaranda and conquering both talk about how polarographic oxygen probe works)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just know what they do in general because the most they can ask you to write is a 7 marker, and i doubt they'd have a 7 marker about the equipment - more likely it'd be about why it's important to manage water.

If it helps at all, i only have a basic idea of how the polarographic oxygen probe works, the Winkler test (in quite some detail), the turbidity tube and the basics of how the conductivity probe works.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Just know what they do in general because the most they can ask you to write is a 7 marker, and i doubt they'd have a 7 marker about the equipment - more likely it'd be about why it's important to manage water.

If it helps at all, i only have a basic idea of how the polarographic oxygen probe works, the Winkler test (in quite some detail), the turbidity tube and the basics of how the conductivity probe works.
no you just need a basic idea like annabackwards says... I believe the hsc verb they used was identify for the tests
Oh, ok, thanks.
That relieves me a bit...
So I'd basically need to know how to carry out tests and just briefly what the devides I use relys upon (e.g. polarographic oxygen probe-->electrolysis involving diffused oxygen and sliver ring. DO causes variation in voltage and from it, [O2] is determined.)

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Hmm, that's good then. It seems like I don't have to spend much time on this.
Thanks again

lol I wonder why I can't rep ppl... It's been quite awhile since I did it..

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hmm, that's good then. It seems like I don't have to spend much time on this.
Thanks again

lol I wonder why I can't rep ppl... It's been quite awhile since I did it..
That's weird, but i'll rep you anyway for making me revise while I was procrastinating on BoS ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)