wats the best HSC books excel, macquarie, leading edge or any other (1 Viewer)

theunknown38

HSC
Im lookin to buy some txt books for all my subjects and im wonderin wat would be the most helpful. :D

Paj20

HSC
I find the Maqurie ones are more to the point and summarise the notes better then the excell

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Macquarie for me. Although I'm yet to try Leading Edge.

cs01001

HSC
Depends what subject you do. You might wanna try the "Recommended Textbooks/Study Guide" in the Preliminary Forum" :)

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^ Same- the Cambridge Study Guides are quite thorough for a "study guide". Though, Excel does have some good books for certain subjects.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Cambridge for Maths, Conquering and Pathways for Chemistry (Dotpoint is a good supplement), not sure for Bio but Excel seems great. (I tried Excel for Chemistry and did 2 option topics...wow...wow...wow, very minute! but it's quite inter-relating to Bio more so I guess Excel for Bio can be a good choice). Macquarie is for summarized notes but I feel it's lacking st (can't explain). Spotlight for Chem is good, too.

white ferret

HSC
leading edge is good for eco, i like cambridge for maths, but i reckon jacaranda is the best for bio (and maybe 'biology in context) and chem

Danger

HSC
I find that the spotlight books contain too much information outside the scope of the hsc syllabus

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
there was a thread liek this in our prelim forum, as someone said above.
i think leading edge is great for eco.

princesscal

Banned
HSC
Yeah, my class uses the 2008 riley one... I find it good but I haven't even looked at another brand so can't compare.

HSC
By Leading Edge study guide do you guys mean the 'workbook'?

My class uses the LE textbook and our teacher photocopies from the Riley book as well as the multiple choice + short answer questions from the workbook so we get a pretty thorough selection, I don't think I need to buy a study guide.

To the OP, Macquarie seems really good but you can always look through what there is at the bookstores and see which one you find most suitable for each subject.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
cs01001 said:
Anyone have any experience with Tim Riley Eco books?
my teacher has ordered them for us.
she has great faith in tim riley, she wants us to go to his seminars lol.

cs01001

HSC
Our teacher and class didn't really like Riley, so we chose to go with Dixon for teh HSC course. I didn't really like Riley in Prelim cause it was so wordy, but looking back at it, it was actually quite an informative/good book, lol

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
we use both riley and dixon

winner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)