Waveaid.. (2 Viewers)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Who went and what did you think?

I thought it was great... but too stinking hot to enjoy it at the start.... my friend and I hung out in the corridor, out of the sun for some of it... you couldnt ear it there but it was ok cos it was only Kasey Chambers :p

I was disappointed the the Oils didnt get to play for as long, prolly cos of all the kfuffel with Kasey starting late and all...grrr

But the Wrights were awsome and so were the Finn Brothers... Im not a fan of Silverchairs new stuf, but that grungy stuff they played was awsome

Last edited:

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
by the time me and my friend decided we were going to go, the tickets had sold out.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i was happy as to see the finn brothers

did any1 think silverchairs performance was not as loud as it should have been? it sounded soft

but after that the green ppl raided the yellow country for the midnight oil!!!

it was fantastic in the spirit of things- for once i felt sorry for others like kasey

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Even though I love Powderfinger, I thought the Finn Brothers were the best............

Getting to listen to all their classic hits was a mjor highlight..........

The Finger and the Oils were awesome too.........

Yay to all those girls all flashed!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
yeah i was happy as to see the finn brothers

did any1 think silverchairs performance was not as loud as it should have been? it sounded soft

but after that the green ppl raided the yellow country for the midnight oil!!!

it was fantastic in the spirit of things- for once i felt sorry for others like kasey
hehe that was funny.. I wish I was in Yellow country :( I was too far away to jump the barricade :(

bex

HSC
i thought the whole day was awesome! missy higgins and the waifs kicked things off really well and from then on all the performances were great.. i was blown away by the oil!!! i cant believe all those people were getting their gear off!! even the guys who were.... well.. adventurous!! i missed most of nick cave and kasey chambers cause of stoopid bar lines.. but i loved the spirit of sharing that was going on.. we were exchanging food, drinks, ciggies, sunscreen with all the people around us and when you look at how hot and gross the day was, everyone was in really good spirits..

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Mojoman said:
how was nick cave?

he was good

and yes those girls flashing were also fantastic.lol the guy who typed stuff on the big screen kept things interesting while waiting for the next act the funny bugger

i have to agree with rice grower 110% finn brothers were great and im gonna keep on saying that

flip- howd u get tickets to yellow?? i thought it was stupid saying they sold out of yellow tickets when there was soo much space, i know they have to consider safety but if you were in green there was alot less room

im glad we raided in the end for midnight oil

dotto

HSC
I went and loved it. Though I feel sorry for the Waifs, playing in the searing midday heat, more people seemed to pay attention to the skywriter (and why was he drawing rainclouds anyway?).

My highlight was probably Silverchair, even though I like Powderfinger more as a band, it was the 'Chair's first appearance in years and they were amazing. Other than them, Powderfinger and the Finns were awesome, Midnight Oil gave an excellent finale, and I was impressed by Pete Murray, not being a big fan of his before, it sounded really good there.

slip

HSC
Can some one explain this too me? There were two stages, one called green and one called yellow, and the field was divided in to 2 or something so that yellow were close for one band, then green for the next??

HSC
i had such a great time at waveaid - it was fantastic. and surprisingly i didnt get sunburnt really badly either and i was in yellow land coz i got tix in like the first 25 mins of them going on sale

missy higgins is such a fantastic performer and pete murray was sooooooo hot. god i love pete murray :p lol i mainly went for those 2 performers

i thought powderfinger were really good but i dont really get the whole midnight oil thing. i mean, yeah they were good and stuff but all the tragic midnight oil fans i dont understand. lol maybe coz ive never really heard their music before!

Can some one explain this too me? There were two stages, one called green and one called yellow, and the field was divided in to 2 or something so that yellow were close for one band, then green for the next??
they split the oval in half - yellow was closest to the stage, and green was at the back where they couldnt actually see the stage properly coz tehy had this huge tent in the middle for all the sound equipment and crap. and there was only one stage.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i know what u mean- im not a midnight oil fan usually, but in the spirit of things i thought they were a great finale

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
thejosiekiller said:
yes! my expectations were too high for silverchair. he sounded different to the old silverchair and they didnt play tomorrow, freak or abuse me. but the oils and powderfinger made up for it.

aimstar555

HSC
man what a day!!
apart from it being WAY TOO HOT!! i went with a group of guys from school (about 8 of us) and we all hada bloody good time.
i thought the finn brothers were absolutly incredable, i missed the wrights cause i was waiting in a bathroom queue :( but jbt and powderfinger (my all-time fav band) were fantastic and silverchair...well i was abit let down but it was heaps good hearing "greatest view" and "open fire"
to the great aussies that went yesterday i hope you hada great time and now...i'm going back to bed...very tired :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)