waviers anyone? (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
hey i tried enrolling last monday and to my shock horror i couldnt enrol in 3 of my 7 units. i since found out that one is due to them changing a prerequisite on me and according to the estudnt ppl, the other two relate to my exchange to Canada (estudent cant recognise them or something?)

anyways, it looks like i need to get 3 waivers. i was just wondering, the estudent ppl sent me a link where i found the wavier form and it looks pretty straightforward. is there is a catch, because i heard from some ppl it can be a real pain to get and the lady at SES said i need an academic transcript, but there isnt anything about that on the link estudent sent me. just wondering if its just the form i need to send.

finally, from those who have had to get waviers before, what are my chances of getting them? i think im fine for the two due to my exchange to Canada, but it would be really shitty of em not to let me do the one due to not doing the prerequisite ... another semester for one unit!

cheers

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if they changed the prerequisite and you have done the previous prerequisite you may have a good chance at getting that one. is the subject a core? because i'm pretty sure that you complete your program of study from the handbook from the year in which you began to study (i.e. you don't follow this year's handbook but 2005's handbook, meaning that if they change prerequisites etc. you don't have to worry).

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
That happened to me and Steve re: psych. We were in the final year that they let STAT270 be a prereq for 300-level PSY units, but have since removed STAT. So, every year we need to apply for a waiver for every PSY 300-level unit :rolleyes:

Anyway, if it is a change of pre-req, they will give it to you straight out. Just write in the little comment box thingo "Completed XXX in 200X before the pre-req was changed to XXX".

And you do not need an academic transcript. You send it to the relevant department (ring them and ask for their fax no) and they have access to your academic transcript if needed.

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
I had a waiver granted this year for a unit that has a corequisite and a prerequisite (I had done the prereq, but not the coreq). It was surprisingly easy to do and I had my waiver granted a few days after sending it in.

This unit is an education one, so not sure how much of a difference this makes.

^___^
HSC
i think every dept has different policies..

ICS requires a academic transcript (the unofficial one) for every waive you hand in.
so it is best to ask the dept to see if the rules have changed

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i needed an unofficial academic transcript, which you can get from SES for free. they have your UAI and HSC results on them as well as your uni marks, and it was weird looking at those marks, HSC was sooo long ago

thanks for all your advice, i handed them in on tuesday and i just checked estudent and i got them all approved, so im enrolled in my units and my heart can start beating probably again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)