Way to chuck out John Howard! (3 Viewers)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
leetom said:
That's crap. If it were true, the libs would of made sure everybody knew by now.
Unfortunately, the only mention of it was briefly shown at Sky News; most of the other media conduits are heavily Labor biased. The story was squashed, unsurprisingly.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Cherry, I dont care for your Feminism, if you'd like to talk about that please, start another thread. Women have the right to do whatever the fuck they want to do.

I support the Liberals because I was brought up in a Liberal house, we where middle class and the Labor Party and the Unions fucked around with my dad, who was a bulider from the age of 16. My mum was also a nurse. Howard and his government looked after us, instead of screwing us around. In fact, my dad was so Laborised at one stage that he was an executive on the Builders Union.

Let me tell you a story of my dad getting srcrewed over.
The year was 19something and I was a wee child. My dad took on an apprentice carpenter who was the son of an extremely rich man (yes, rich kids become carpenters).
Well, this rich kid got piss drunk and went onto the site and completely fucked everything on the site up, including his own tools.
My dad went to the Union which he had supported for years. The fuck wits of the union decided that it was my dads responsibility to pay for the damage, and the little dicks tools. This was after the Police had arrested the kid for vandalism, drunkenly disorder and a hole wrap sheet of offences. In my dads time of need the Union turned there backs on us and defended the rich.

Haha...and they claim to be for the little people...I dont think so.

Latham is just another trade union cronny, he hasn't put in the effort to become Prime Minister.

Why do you support the ALP?
Whats wrong with Howard?
i was just backing leetom. I'm sure you'd be pissed off if you were denied many of your basic rights in the workplace. you don't have to care for it unless you want to contribute to the glass ceiling, in which case I plan to kick your arse.
I back the alp because of what they're going to do for women and education. I'm a female student.
I'm sorry about your dad. it wasn't the labor party's fault. they strive for the aussie battlers. and on that political compass survey you came out as a communist...way more left than anyone else. so why the hell...kwayera I can understand, she goes to abbotsleigh. and she's complaining about lack of funding. highly ironic.
but you? look, come on, you have sense.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Asquithian said:
the commercial channels are just so labor :rolleyes:

i general ...channel 7 doesnt really present anynews...same goes for channel 10...channel 9 has a go at it and is generally liberal however not extremely liberal

channel 9 news is pro liberal...today show is liberal (steve liebman)...the sunday programmme is neutral and sometimes rather harsh on the liberals...

However most people watch channel 9 news and get their politics from channel 9...it is well known that kerry packer backs the liberals

ABC is slightly pro labor or some would argue balanced as it always takes a critical approach attacking the government of the day regardless of political background ...SBS is pro labor...
Actually, if you watch it broadly:

ABC - extremely Labor biased
C7 - Labor biased, depending on news program
C9 - neutral/either side, but leaning more towards Liberal
C10 - Labor biased
SBS - Labor biased.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Kwayera said:
Once again, I find a Labor supporter guilty of making sweeping (and incorrect) assumptions about myself.

Yes, my family can afford a private education and health care. However, the Labor government would DISADVANTAGE my family (and thus my education) by forcing my school to up their fees to such a degree that if I was only just starting my school life rather than only having a year left (and my sister finishing), we would NOT be able to afford the school I am currently at.

And yes, I DO care that 'the majority of the popultion goes without the health care and education' that I enjoy (however, I find it interesting that you imply that a puplic education is of a lesser standard than mine; while Generator and Asquithian resent that notion whole-heartedly). The Labor government would not help that - rather, it would create a situation where more students would be forced to attend lower-fee (i.e. public) schools to such a degree that the increase in funding would be superfluous and thus create an imbalance.

I resent that you think me so heartless as to 'not care' about those 'less fortunate' than I (however, that 'fortune' was only made by sheer labour; my family was at the very line of poverty when I was a baby).
I am sorry that should Labor come to power, you will be forced to leave your school. But, if you DO care about the majority of the population, you will be prepared to make scarifices so that the majority will benefit from a fairer distribution of funds.

I differ from Asquithian. In my area, the closest private schoool is much better off than my humble public school.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
leetom said:
I am sorry that should Labor come to power, you will be forced to leave your school. But, if you DO care about the majority of the population, you will be prepared to make scarifices so that the majority will benefit from a fairer distribution of funds.

I differ from Asquithian. In my area, the closest private schoool is much better off than my humble public school.
I said that if I WAS in lower years, I would be forced to leave (but fortunately I am not; and as my sister has left my parents can afford the fee increase). But many people will.

ohne

HSC
Generator said:
Ummm, are you sure? Jackie Kelly is far from being a popular MP and Bradbury has been heavily involved in local affairs since the last election... It is far from being the relatively safe Liberal seat that you believe, especially with both Labor and the Coalition campaigning for the 'aspirtational' suburban vote.
Bradbury is the ALP candidate installed by head office. The rank and file membership are against him. Bradbury contested the last election and had a large swing.

Jackie Kelly is very popular. She does have a tenency to make politically off-beat statements in the media, however, this has never gone down badly in her electorate. I would say she is one of the most popular MPs in parliament.

Lindsay is a seat with a very high number of young families with mortages - the type of seat that has responded very well to John Howard since 1996 and there is unlikely to be any change here.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
ohne said:
Bradbury is the ALP candidate installed by head office. The rank and file membership are against him. Bradbury contested the last election and had a large swing.

Jackie Kelly is very popular. She does have a tenency to make politically off-beat statements in the media, however, this has never gone down badly in her electorate. I would say she is one of the most popular MPs in parliament.

Lindsay is a seat with a very high number of young families with mortages - the type of seat that has responded very well to John Howard since 1996 and there is unlikely to be any change here.

I live in the electorate.

Jackie Kelly is not a very popular person (as shown, quite clearly, by the local media).

Bradbury has now been an active member of the local council for some time. He appears to have improved his standing since the last election through his clear determination to represent the electorate.

There may well be change given that the two parties are actively seeking the family vote. Whether 'reliable' Howard or 'Westie' Latham appeals more with respect to their policies will be a major consideration given the (seemingly) apathetic nature of the electorate.

I'm just trying to point out that the Lindsay electorate is far from being a safe seat. The battle should be quite lively (but that was what they said at the last election, too, so i guess that your view does have some merit).

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Asquithian said:
oh ...um ...you dont differ...

Barker college is much much much much better off that all the public schools around it
asq where did you go to school? was it a selective high? because I'd think it would still be much different, seeing as leetom doesn't live in syd.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
ellymelly said:
this is utterly off the point, but i live in Port Macquarie!
How is it off the point, I was asked why I didn't like the ALP and I answered. I said I lived in Port and my dad lived in Sydney because I didn't know what the name of the union that were back stabbers.

Idiot, in the future, try reading ALL the posts instead of skimming over the last few.

Shit you idiots piss me off sometimes.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
BTW, whoever asked why I didn't like the Labor Party, the name of the Union who screwed my dad over was the CFMEU...the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union.

ohne

HSC
Generator said:
I live in the electorate.

Jackie Kelly is not a very popular person (as shown, quite clearly, by the local media).

Bradbury has now been an active member of the local council for some time. He appears to have improved his standing since the last election through his clear determination to represent the electorate.

There may well be change given that the two parties are actively seeking the family vote. Whether 'reliable' Howard or 'Westie' Latham appeals more with respect to their policies will be a major consideration given the (seemingly) apathetic nature of the electorate.

I'm just trying to point out that the Lindsay electorate is far from being a safe seat. The battle should be quite lively (but that was what they said at the last election, too, so i guess that your view does have some merit).
The 34.9% of the primary vote that Bradbury received at the last election was the lowest ever figure for the ALP. It is now held by Jackie Kelly at its highest ever margin - much higher than after the 1996 landslide.

Bradbury is only the mayor of Penrith because ALP head office installed him there to raise his profile in order to contest the electorate. Looking at the 2001 results, it is quite clear that this has been a failure. If Bradbury doesn't even have the support of local ALP members, how is he supposed to gain the support the electorate?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
dude change ur sig to the new and imporved one.....

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
zahid said:
Thats just not even funny...it was a weak attempt at something which is not true.

Do you really think Howard is a Homosexual?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
zahid said:
lol now if every one did that....I'll just go sign up with an image server now.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Thats just not even funny...it was a weak attempt at something which is not true.

Do you really think Howard is a Homosexual?

hmmmm............

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
zahid said:
Clever Boy.

Maybe that could be Labor's next tag-line?

DON'T VOTE FOR HOWARD, BECAUSE HE'S A HOMOSEXUAL!. imo it beats easing the squeeze.

twiddla

Some good reasons why NOT to vote for John Howard (or other Libs or Nats)
1. He and hist mate Brendan Nelson raised hecs debts to the point we'll be paying them off for the rest of our life
2. He underfunds the entire education system so we will only end up with private school education which with all the hecs debts we'll be paying anyone without a shitload of money will not be able to afford in future
3. He locks up people who have fled from the worst of conditions and wonders why they go crazy
4. He and his govt won't give ne more money to hospitals despite the fact that every hospital between blacktown and the central coast is almost constantly on code red or code black(emergency patients only or risk of fatality patients only respectively) while he boasts of a huge surplus
5. he seems to think that fighting other people's wars ie iraq is going to get the US to help us in a time of need - the only time they helped us (Pacific War) Macarthur screwed us over and the australian troops had to dig us out of a big hole as the Japanese almost took port moresby
6. he sets up a "free trade" agreement with the US that is hardly free trade and that screws over our sugar, dairy, cane, beef and entertainment industries.
7. He lied about the children overboard, he has refused to admit there were no WOMD

Well what else can I say - and in case u r wondering i do not intend to vote for Labor either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)