Ways to study Chinese with B Com (1 Viewer)

sunflower1990

HSC
I know this has been asked many times in this section, but previous posts haven't really clarified things for me...
I'm enrolled in B Com/B Eco now but I don't want to do the economics bit anymore and actually want to take up Chinese, I don't know what I should be doing....

I heard and read about that diploma for languages, but can we pay for that through HECS? how many courses do we have to do for that?

before i heard about this diploma, i thought about doing chinese through commerce liberal studies, but discovered we had to take a whole lot of oher critical thinking/analysis courses (something like that)...

or is it better to do it through unsw institute of languages?

im unsure of how i should structure my studies, but i definately want to do chinese at uni! hope you guys can help me out, thanks!

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
You can double major in a language with B. Commerce given if one of your major is something business related (so for example you can major in Finance and Chinese or Accounting and Chinese etc.).

But if you want to double major in both business majors for your commerce degree or doesn't want a second major, then yes diploma of languages would be good. It will be an extra year on top of the usual 3 years for your degree (instead of doing Commerce/Arts which takes 5 years) and the fee adds onto your HECS debt like any of your other tuition fees for your commerce degree.

If I'm not mistaken, you still do the same load per semester (24 units) even with a diploma of languages, it will just take 1 extra year for you to graduate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)