We can do it! (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lately I've been falling behind with homework and notes, I have lost my self-motivation... anyone else experiencing the same? I just don't feel like working, especially with things heating up, got exams coming up in the next couple of weeks. I just thought we maybe help each other out, encourage each other and hopefully stay alive through this long ride to success.

P.S I have a strong feeling and hope this thread will stay alive and help us right through to this time next year... all the best class of '06.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Hey, yeh I've been falling a bit on homework :(
But if you want some HSC questions on any topic of 4 unit maths I'll be happy to scan it and send it to you :)

Keep going Riviet you'll do fine :)

Right now this is the percentage of the time taken for each of my subjects

MX1 - 30%
MX2 - 30%
eng adv - 10%
chem - 5%
jap cont - 10%
jap ext - 15%

So it's alright now :) Only because I hardly get any homework for eng or chem :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Aw thanks man, I'm sure I could do with some more practice questions. I also get very little homework for chem, as well as physics. I'm falling behind most in english, my teacher is is bombarding me with essays and creative writing pieces that I have to hand in to him and I've had to rush them and only JUST coping with it. The least of my worries is maths, which is the only subject that I'm up to date with because I have some decent skill at it :D

It's too bad that i'm falling down at this time of the year but NOT OUT, i hope.

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
Aw thanks man, I'm sure I could do with some more practice questions. I also get very little homework for chem, as well as physics. I'm falling behind most in english, my teacher is is bombarding me with essays and creative writing pieces that I have to hand in to him and I've had to rush them and only JUST coping with it. The least of my worries is maths, which is the only subject that I'm up to date with because I have some decent skill at it :D

It's too bad that i'm falling down at this time of the year but NOT OUT, i hope.
We're just getting to use to it, it'll probably be nothing to what we get next year hahaha :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Lately I've been falling behind with homework and notes, I have lost my self-motivation... anyone else experiencing the same? I just don't feel like working, especially with things heating up, got exams coming up in the next couple of weeks. I just thought we maybe help each other out, encourage each other and hopefully stay alive through this long ride to success.

P.S I have a strong feeling and hope this thread will stay alive and help us right through to this time next year... all the best class of '06.

i do my work and everything, but i feel like crap a lot of the times. i dont feel like im working to my 100% capacity at all, and i feel so guilty cause my fav teachers say all these postive things about me, but i just dont feel im living up to it .......

but oh well, we be fine guys ! good luk with everything and just because its the end of the yr doesnt mean its time to slacken off !

words of encouragement: "a man could fall a thousands time, but is never a failure until he gives up"

Last edited:

rusty_rouge

HSC
Well, you can do it two ways - not worry about it all yet, becuase you have to keep up the energy and drive for another year. Or you could throw yourself into the good study habits to prepare yourself for the long haul.

Depends on the type of person you are, I suppose - whatever you do, don't burn out, and GOOD LUCK CLASS OF 2006 :D

Well, 2005 is more specialler, but ah well....

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Calm down, kids. From your posts, I gather you'll all be just fine. ;)

Just because you still feel nervous before exams, and there are still several questions you need to ask in class, it doesn't mean you're not doing well. It's hard to feel like you're on top of everything all the time. As long as you're putting in the hours at home, making notes in class, paying attention to your teachers and doing every single piece of homework you recieve, it's pretty much guaranteed you'll do well. :)

You've still got quite awhile to go. Be consistent with your studying, don't burn yourself out too early and remember that you're still allowed to watch TV. :p

Good luck everyone.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I got zero homework in year 12. I dont think i recall any of my teachers EVER goving me any....

The rationale was that in year 12, you have to take responsibility for your own learning.
This was great as they didnt treat us as 7 year old kids who need some adult to tell them what to do...And i probally got a lot more study and work done for it, as i could do work when i felt like it and when i was ready, so the productivity of what i did do was increased.

Its better than having to meet some abritary daily deadline to hand in homework.....thats just not flexible enough.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I guess that's sought of true... I was doing alright first couple of weeks of yr 12, now the work's just piled up on me and i regret leaving homework till next night to do and the next... year 12 sucks.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Im failing and falling behind.
Let's enjoy this year of hell as much as possible!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well there's not much to enjoy when you're behind... on the contrary, i was feeling on top of things in the first week when i was up to date with my work and notes. I'm trying to climb back up, need some motivation from you guys, i'm serious, this is not a joke, it's the hsc. :eek:

P

pLuvia

haha same, I was on top of my work, and it started to pile up so suddenly :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It was more gradual for me, week 3 i was a tad behind, and i was thinking i can catch up, then week 4 the work adds on and more in week 5, I don't know how i'm going to survive... p_q

Always

HSC
Riviet said:
Well there's not much to enjoy when you're behind... on the contrary, i was feeling on top of things in the first week when i was up to date with my work and notes. I'm trying to climb back up, need some motivation from you guys, i'm serious, this is not a joke, it's the hsc. :eek:
If I got a dollar for everytime someone said that to me in the past few weeks...

Start doing work as soon as you get home. It feels so much better to get it out of the way. What motivates me is knowing that I have so much spare time the rest of the night.

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
i do my work and everything, but i feel like crap a lot of the times. i dont feel like im working to my 100% capacity at all, and i feel so guilty cause my fav teachers say all these postive things about me, but i just dont feel im living up to it .......

words of encouragement: "a man could fall a thousands time, but is never a failure until he gives up"
Amen to that

ichiraku

HSC
I just think how crap I'll do against the rest of the grade when assesments come, and well that motivates me enough to put in some work.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
ichiraku said:
I just think how crap I'll do against the rest of the grade when assesments come, and well that motivates me enough to put in some work.
I wish i could say that for myself as well, but I really don't care about how others perform, I am only concerned about my own results.

P

pLuvia

If they do bad we do good :):) but yeah I don't care how other people do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)