we jam econo: the story of the minutemen (1 Viewer)

icecreamdisco

HSC
http://www.spraci.com/events/53724/

WE JAM ECONO is a feature doco chronicling ground breaking 80’s punk band THE MINUTEMEN, from their humble beginnings in San Pedro, CA to their utimely demise in 1985 when singer D. Boon was killed.

Live: Gallucci

Venue: China Heights Gallery, L3 16-28 Foster St. Surry Hills

Tickets: $6

Time: 8pm

DIEPUNKDEATH PRESENTS, FOR 1 NIGHT ONLY:
WE JAM ECONO – THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN

DIEPUNKDEATH in association with Rocket Fuel Films is proud to announce the only Australian screening of WE JAM ECONO - THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN at 8PM on Thursday, November 10, 2005 at China Heights Gallery, Surry Hills.

WE JAM ECONO is a feature length documentary chronicling this ground breaking, early 80’s punk rock band from their humble beginnings in the harbor town of San Pedro, CA to their untimely demise when lead singer and guitarist D. Boon was killed in a van accident in December of 1985.

Told by those who were there, WE JAM ECONO weaves together footage from over fifty newly shot interviews with archival interviews and live performances to capture the dynamic energy and D.I.Y. spirit of these punk rock pioneers.

Interviews include:
Mike Watt
George Hurley
Ian Mackaye
Flea
Thurston Moore
J Mascis
Greg Ginn
Milo Aukerman
Henry Rollins
Jello Biafra
Raymond Pettibon
and a zillion more......

Entry on the night will be $6. There will be some giveaways courtesy of former SST employees, who worked for the label back in the day. Also making some noise to get the night rolling will be soca punk group Gallucci.

For more information including trailer, press kit and high resolution images:

www.theminutemen.com
www.diepunkdeath.com

China Heights Gallery
L3, 16-28 Foster St.
Surry Hills. 2010

icecreamdisco

HSC
eh, i can't really see it being a particularly bad crowd. no worse than any gig or music-related shindig i've been to.

besides, i'll be there. :cool:

icecreamdisco

HSC
i assume the movie will start after the band, so it should end up screening much later.

phantom limb

HSC
N/A
i realllllllllly wanted to see this, i hope there is another screening :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)