We should get rid of ANZAC day (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
We've no longer a need for a day that glorifies war and shows how we sent thousands of our youth to die in vain in a British-led war.

We have Armistice day, a day to mourn the dead and to maintain that we never go to war again.

We shut down shops and cease trading on ANZAC day out of a sign of respect, when only free trade and mutual interdependence can make sure we never slip into a global conflict again.

This holiday is jingoistic, militaristic and out of step with the civilized world. We should not promote it or glorify it.
Do not engage this mans arguments, he believes in the free market. This is simply part of his attempt to abolish all state sanctioned holidays and I for one like Christmas.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i kind of wish the central powers won ww1

ww2 might have been germany and the rest versus the soviet union as it should have been
no hitler putting the final nail in the eugenics movement/white ethnocentrism
possibly the destruction of liberalism
von Ribbentrop didn't help.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
i kind of wish the central powers won ww1

ww2 might have been germany and the rest versus the soviet union as it should have been
no hitler putting the final nail in the eugenics movement/white ethnocentrism
possibly the destruction of liberalism
mate jesus fucking christ you cannot be serious

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I reckon we should get rid of the so called 'Australia Day'. A punch in the heart for Aborigines. Not cool.
That's a bullshit argument. The only reason that would be legitimate is if you'd be willing to turn over all of the current property rights of everyone over to indigenous tribes that lived on the land centuries ago. You should abolish Australia Day because it generates disgusting (*disgusting*) nationalist retardation on a mass scale to an uneducated low class mass. Why do you think there are so many fucking bogans with Southern Cross tattoos? Other than that, (to keep on topic, relatively) it legitimises defence spending and the way the defence force acts in foreign nations because "DEY DOIN IT FOR US BRAH DERE FIGHTIN DA GOOD FITE TA PRATECT OSTRAYA" when they really fucking aren't. Cadets at ADFA get fucking paid to learn to be soldiers. They learn to be able to *murder* people and how to develop and utilise weapons that are designed to *kill* people and it is perfectly legitimate for the government to funnel billions of dollars into this because people think the military is a good thing (which it isn't). The bastards even act outside of the law and install their own law. I wouldn't really care if it didn't resist enquiry and refuse criticism by the people it's meant to be serving. A "shut up, we'll deal with it" mentality is not acceptable. I don't give a fuck about an army that is around in case Australia is attacked by no one because it will never happen, as long as they aren't revered as heroes because of their employment status.

HSC
Alot of the men that served don't give a fuck about anzac day, my grandfather threw his war medals in the bin

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
wait what are you taking objection to so strongly
I disagree with basically everything you think, but you aren't a retarded monkey and are a reasonable human being so I care a whole lot less to argue.

It's just you know eugenics isn't exactly great and the majority of people who support it are disgusting racists who would enforce slavery of ethnic minorities if given the chance (Hitler). That and (classical) liberalism was practiced strongest throughout America until it was bastardised into the atrocious excuse for philosophy it is now. Central powers winning WW1 would have only slowed the liberal movement in Europe.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
cosmo what do you think about the high likelihood that any eugenics program would likely 1) be captured by special interests 2) be victim to the fallibility of all human constructions.

In other words, should we even bother knowing we'd probably fuck things up worse than they are now and not realise the utilitarian ends that underpin your philosophy.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
cosmo what do you think about the high likelihood that any eugenics program would likely 1) be captured by special interests 2) be victim to the fallibility of all human constructions.

In other words, should we even bother knowing we'd probably fuck things up worse than they are now and not realise the utilitarian ends that underpin your philosophy.
the only eugenic programs ive really advocated are non-compulsory programs though im prob willing like in the u.s to make an exception for this for profoundly retarded people

idk how a non-compulsory program that stresses positive eugenics could ever be subverted or sabotaged or abused

maybe it could but w/e you could say that about basically EVERYTHING

HSC
It's just you know eugenics isn't exactly great and the majority of people who support it are disgusting racists who would enforce slavery of ethnic minorities if given the chance (Hitler).
so you give an example of one person who didn't even practice racist eugenics properly. when the movement was in its heyday, different german eugenicists criticized racist ideas, and so did plenty of eugenicists from the US and other countries.

Lentern

HSC
so you give an example of one person who didn't even practice racist eugenics properly. when the movement was in its heyday, different german eugenicists criticized racist ideas, and so did plenty of eugenicists from the US and other countries.
Really? We are actually debating the morality of Eugenics in not a faux/trolling,happy go lucky "morality doesn't exist" way but a rationed discourse. Just wow!

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
lentern i heard theres some book about career politicians about to be released go stick it up your arse

HSC
a rational discourse? reductio ad Hitlerum has been made and Godwin's law has already been fulfilled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)