• Half half

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Contacts plus occasional spectacles

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

lala2

Banned
HSC
Haha, I conducted a search and there didn't seem to be a thread on non fashion contacts? Anyway, I'm wearing my contacts right now for the second time ever and everything seems magnified--is this normal?

How often do you guys wear contacts? I'm planning to just wear contacts occasionally--I'm slow in the mornings so just chucking on my spectacles is ideal. What do people think of long term use?

historykidd

HSC
Jesus Quintana: You ready to be fucked, man? I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio, man. Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up.
The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.
Walter Sobchak: Eight-year-olds, Dude.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
Anyway, I'm wearing my contacts right now for the second time ever and everything seems magnified--is this normal?
Glasses make everything slightly smaller because the lense is pretty far away from your eye. Contacts are on the eye so you don't have this problem. It's more likely that everything is as it should be and you're just used to seeing everything slightly smaller with glasses.

HSC
i wear contacts most of the time now.
i like having peripheral vision.
also, physical theatre and the such is hard to do with glasses.

-Anfernee-

HSC
scaredytiger said:
i wear contacts most of the time now.
i like having peripheral vision.
also, physical theatre and the such is hard to do with glasses.

stfu four eyes.

johony

HSC
i wear my contacts everyday now, i only wear my glasses when i'm at home. cleaning contacts is the biggest annoyance though, especially when there's a heap of residue in the middle of the lens.

Skeeta

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
I've tried long-term contacts, and I just find them annoying. I feel dizzier/more out of it/less perceptive in general. Has anyone had this problem and overcome it?

And even though I can get them in pretty quickly I'm still lazy. Just normal glasses, and contacts if I need them occasionally.
Actually I have noticed this. If I have an exam, or a big day at work, i will wear my spectacles insted of my contacts. They make me feel less perceptive/more distractable for some random reason. i thought it was just me.

rozymisty

HSC
In 2006 I wore them for the first time. It took me 6 visits to the optometrist to get one contact in my eye coz i had a real fear of putting them in my eye, but then wanted clearer vision since my eyes are shithouse.

But then I started getting dry eyes without even wearing contacts and so i didnt wear them much, and so naturally when i wanted to wear them it woud take ages to get them in and id get really pissed off and stuff.....its just like in My Big Fat Greek Wedding where she puts them in for the first time lol.

I did find that the first few times everything was glarey and sharp and stuff and sometimes it would feel funny vision wise but thats coz they are like on your eye and thus give you better vision.

But I wll have to get new glasses after my eye op, its 3 months today since the op, and the doc said i can get new lenses if i want.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
im short sighted and i need glasses most of the time now, but i dont like wearing them.
im thinking of getting contacts at the end of the year. just wanted to know if they are worth it i.e. are they irritating etc

émotif

HSC
I've been wearing glasses since kindergarten. In fact, I feel naked without them.
I only wear contacts on special occasions.

onlinenooby

HSC
I wear 2 weekly contacts
They fine, easy to clean and chuck em out after 14 uses.
Usually no irritation or blury shit or anything.

rozymisty

HSC
Is it only me or do some girls here find certain guys look very sexy with glasses?

My physio is good looking, and sadly already taken, but today he was wearing glasses and he said that he normally wears contacts, and i walked into the room and nearly had my knees buckle, coz a they were sore from going to the gym after 4 months break and b, coz he looked so dam sexy lol.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I only wear contacts to school and when driving at night. Other times I dont need them (not even glasses) because my normal vision is fine but I have astigmatism (some things can be out of focus). Contacts just make board writing clearer and lights at night less bright.

rozymisty said:
Is it only me or do some girls here find certain guys look very sexy with glasses?

My physio is good looking, and sadly already taken, but today he was wearing glasses and he said that he normally wears contacts, and i walked into the room and nearly had my knees buckle, coz a they were sore from going to the gym after 4 months break and b, coz he looked so dam sexy lol.
They can, but it depends on the guy and the glasses. No old giant ones, ones with the visable line from where the two types of glass join or tinted glasses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)