Web CT and estudent (1 Viewer)

pointepink

HSC
Hi guys,

I have a question about accessing Web CT. I have already enrolled at Macquarie and have registered on estudent. Does this mean I should be able to use my estudent password to access Web CT?

Thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
It should. Try it. If not, wait a bit for it to be activated.

pointepink

HSC
Thanks for the replies guys. Reading through the link Asylum posted- "estudent password is for estudent only." I think I have to wait for my actual MQID password. Thanks anyway.

pointepink

HSC
Hi iambored,

I have tried using my student id and password at this link but they don't work. As far as I know, my student id is the same as my estudent login number. Is this right? If it is, why does it keep returning to an error screen-"error with username/password?"

Thanks

I have just found out why my login is not working. According to the Macquarie website, you use the same student id, but you have to wait "for your MQID password to be mailed to you after enrolment. Does anyway know of another way to access past lecture notes/course info?

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
No. but some lecturers don't use webct so it will be handy to check the unit webpages.
go to the mq homepage
click 'student' on the left hand side
type the unit code / name in the box on the top left corner and check if there is a webpage for the unit and if there is check if there are notes on the web page.

pointepink

HSC
Thanks again iambored. The unit code worked for Chem and from there I found a link for MQnU and submitted my last name and student number to get my MQID password, so I think I'll be able to access Web Ct now.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Maquarie is a very helpful forum!

EDIT: It worked!

Hobbsee

HSC
*mutters angrily*

*emails the uni*

My password on that isnt working - it's definetly correct, case sensitive, and the student number is correct! Anyone else getting this?

Off to check the unit codes for notes though - thanks for that tip!

asscookie

dork.
HSC
myMQ password is working for WebCT but not for the myMQ main portal thing. I suppose it will though soon enough.

jonnyboy

HSC
It won't work for the MQ portal. I called today and they said that u have to wait till uni starts....>.<

CieL

HSC
Er.. mine works for everything

I can get into my portal

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Don't worry. Before starting my units for first year last year, I couldn't access webct either, so maybe you should wait until uni starts. If not, maybe you should contact the people at the student IT help desk, located in the library. I'm sure they'll help you out.

pointepink

HSC
Sorry if I gave anyone a false impression. I actually realised that I could use my MQ password and student number to access unit homepages (like cbms101) but was still prohibited from using WebCt and my MQ portal. Hope you guys had better luck.

flamezy

HSC
Everything works for me now and i've changed my passworkd as required.
However It didn't work last week.

pointepink

HSC
Thanks for the update flamezy. My WebCT login, works now too. I just have one question-why are my second semester units appearing and not my first semester ones?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you want to tell us your first semester units people who have done them might be able to tell you if they use webct. not all units use it so either something has gone wrong in the system, they will appear later or the unit doesn't use webct.

pointepink

HSC
My first semester units are : ENGL120, PHIL137, CBMS101 and LAW114. I can access the CBMS unit page and Web CT shows "online facility" pages for Engl120, LAW114 and PHIL137, I just can't log in to them. Why? On the other hand, I can access all of my second semester units online. Are the first semester unit pages perhaps being modified?

Thanks

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Most WebCT things aren't 'flicked on' till after the first week of lectures are done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)