Webcam audio not working on MSN 7.5 (1 Viewer)

Luke_D

HSC
Hey gang,

I own a Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000. I've had it for a while and it works fine, except the microphone doesn't work on MSN. I've checked to see if the microphone works with Windows 'Sound Recorder' and it's fine. It's just, when I try to start an audio conversation it says I can't because my microphone isn't connected or something.

Can anyone help?

Thanks peoples :)

Luke_D

HSC
Woo someone replied lol.

Not that I'm aware of no. I disable the Windows firewall cause it's a pain in the ass. I've got Norton Internet Security but I disable the firewall on that too and I still have the problem.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I know this isn't direct advice for your original question, but I highly recommend you don't disable the firewall whilst connected to the internet.. that's just asking for trouble.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Hm... try uninstalling and reinstalling Messenger.

7.5 has lots of little problems everywhere.

If it doesn't work, reinstall 7.0 or something similar, if it's necessary to use the mic asap. It sounds like it's a problem with Messenger, not your system.

Daveo

HSC
If the re-install doesn't work, you might have to forward some ports to your IP address to support it.

HSC
I have this exact same problem. My USB mic works on every other program except MSN... which :) just :) happens :) to :) be :) the :) *ONLY* :) program that i need to actually USE IT on DOESN'T it?!

i tried emailing msn support, they didn't know.. So mines been not working on MSN for a while now. If you get an answer please let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)