WebCT (1 Viewer)

mattyg87

HSC
my lecturer this morning told us to log onto webCT and print out our lecture notes for this week and next week..while people in my class had printed them off last night, it seems that my webCT page isnt loading..like i click on the lecture notes for that unit and nothing happens when i click to open the notes ?? i dont know what to do

Jacks

HSC
So you can actually see stuff when you log in...if nothing appears at all, from this stage then check you don't have any pop-up blockers enabled...that will affect being able to see the page. If it is the notes themselves then it could be a number of things...make sure you check the FAQ on the WebCT sign-in page...as there might be something for you there.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Jacks said:
So you can actually see stuff when you log in...if nothing appears at all, from this stage then check you don't have any pop-up blockers enabled...that will affect being able to see the page. If it is the notes themselves then it could be a number of things...make sure you check the FAQ on the WebCT sign-in page...as there might be something for you there.
Can u access webct, yet, cause i cant login. I use the same password and ID as for tuts, UWS Account and webmail

Jacks

HSC
WebCT password initially is your bithday...in long format e.g. 18031986 (18 March 1986) your ID is the same, but you have to use a different password for WebCT...you can then change it to whatever you like ;)

mattyg87

HSC
thats your problem. the password for webCT is different...it is your date of birth without the slashes. eg. DDMMYYYY

and im fixing up my internet security to stop blocking the elearning

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Jacks said:
good good...once you make sure you have no pop-ups blocked or firewalls up it should work...let me know if it works.
Yeah it comes up with module info about ur courses, right

Jacks

HSC
yep, and then you click on specific units...and a page for that unit will come up with a range of different things on it...it's pretty easy to navigate and understand once you're logged in ;)

luckyduck

HEY u went to webct today one of my units didnt appear there
what does that mean???

are all the units suppose to appear there?

michelleanne

HSC
luckyduck said:
HEY u went to webct today one of my units didnt appear there
what does that mean???

are all the units suppose to appear there?
Some subjects and lecturers dont use webct... sometimes its too advanced for them...... your lecturer should tell u if they use it or not.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
webCT aint working for me... ive allowed all pop ups, not sure about firewall, what should i do??

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Are you sure that your lecturers post things up on webct? Just try refreshing on the webct homepage once you log in. Thats worked for me before.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
nah its all potatoe and gravy.. i just stomped on my computer a few times and it works now....

klh

HSC
my lecturer posted a 15mb document on webct for our first lecture and guess what it ocntained on the document? 6 pages. it took me 2-3 hours to download that onto my comp and its not even worth it, i just printed the blacktown lecture instead, which was only like 1 mb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)