Webpage Creation (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Disdain

HSC
I want to create a webpage for displaying my poetry, short story, artwork, photography and jewellery creation. The style I would hope for is Decoy Octopus or something similar.

I have no idea about computers pretty much, and I have tried to create webpages before, but to no avail. I would appreciate any help and maybe someone create it for me. My email and msn is cocacola.sorrow@gmail.com.

Thank you

-Tokyo-

Last edited:

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
If you don't want to try and draw up a design yourself - I suggest looking to see if any of your friends are into web design. I'm a web designer myself, and do a range of sites - and sounds like an interesting side project - but unfortunately I really don't have the time at the moment.

Best advice is to look local - or try drawing designs on paper to start with, and then moving to a graphics program to draw a picture of the site. That way, if you need someone to transfer it from image -> website, a lot easier to do than having to come up with a design from scratch.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Lady_Disdain said:
I want to create a webpage for displaying my poetry, short story, artwork, photography and jewellery creation. The style I would hope for is Decoy Octopus or something similar.

I have no idea about computers pretty much, and I have tried to create webpages before, but to no avail. I would appreciate any help and maybe someone create it for me. My email and msn is cocacola.sorrow@gmail.com.

Thank you

-Tokyo-
probably one of the first things you may want to work out is where are you going to host it.....be a shame to have a great looking site then host it on one of those crappy feebie sites that put popups/floating/scrolling ads etc on/over your pages.

Dont know about commissioning someone to do it unless you are going to make money from it yourself...I mean, you *could* charged an awful lot of cash for something you could do yourself....

They are a number of template sites out there that you can steal ideas from. Also, as mednez suggested, mock up a page in a graphics program and go from there....

scruffy012

HSC
snapperhead said:
probably one of the first things you may want to work out is where are you going to host it.....be a shame to have a great looking site then host it on one of those crappy feebie sites that put popups/floating/scrolling ads etc on/over your pages.

Dont know about commissioning someone to do it unless you are going to make money from it yourself...I mean, you *could* charged an awful lot of cash for something you could do yourself....

They are a number of template sites out there that you can steal ideas from. Also, as mednez suggested, mock up a page in a graphics program and go from there....
too true!!! ive just finished off a website for my NWN guild, ad placed it on geocities, and OMFG the bloody popups drive me nuts , especialy when the popup goes over my links, if you want to design a site, and post it on the net with a reasonable amount of hits, dont use a freebie server... ull regret it, if you give me a plan sorta thing ill try and create 1 for ya, but itll have to start sometime after dec 10 cuz im going away on a schoolies trip

PM me if ya want to take up the offer with your plans, im not the best website creator, but have a look at www.geocities.com/hitman187au/index.htm thats my first semi-decent site up on the net. itll probably look nothing like it but yeah, dont let the black and green kill ya :p

let me know ill try my best to help ya out

scruffy

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'm a partner in a web design firm. A reasonable website can cost around $1500 if commissioned.

scruffy012

HSC
shit is it that expensive.......................................................... spose but those ones are basivally sucessful, decent and have all the good connections to search engines....

bloody hell thats steep!!!

scruffy

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
scruffy012 said:
holy hell, thatll be a challenge for this poorkid, i just had a look at the site and its toally different to anyhig ive done so its up to u

scruffy
copying the look of the site isnt hard as its just a variation on the simple letterbox design (frames with content in the middle) but if you want originality.......

Can help with the hosting (pretty cheap as I can be bargained with!) and maybe the design if I have time/if you are really desperate....

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Oh my god it's quah!

Hehe... reasonable website.... hehe

1500...I made that amount of money making a site that was sub-reasonable...

As for a site like decoyOctopus, that'd probably go for around that (1500 i mean), and be worth about $20-50 timewise (so whilst people charge ridiculous things for webdesign, that is not worth paying for). Like, thats an hour job at the most.

PM me if you need help.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Lady_Disdain said:
for displaying my poetry, short story, artwork, photography and jewellery creation.
I think you should probably go with a blog - as suggested above - you'll be able to pick a design, albeit maybe not the one you're set on, but will be able to make your own pages for poetry, etc.

Try
diaryland

Med

ayix80

HSC
Hi,

as a professional I can tell you most small websites are not that difficult. The thing you would pay for is the person's time.

try one of these WYISWYG programs

Free WYSIWYG HTML Editors for Windows

Or look around for a website designer who is just getting started. A small business is more likely to do you a deal. The fact is you probably will want to change and update it, that's hard.

So either figure it out, go for a blog (blogger.com is really easy to use) or fork out a few hundred for a site.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hi,

as a professional I can tell you most small websites are not that difficult. The thing you would pay for is the person's time.

try one of these WYISWYG programs

Free WYSIWYG HTML Editors for Windows

Or look around for a website designer who is just getting started. A small business is more likely to do you a deal. The fact is you probably will want to change and update it, that's hard.

So either figure it out, go for a blog (blogger.com is really easy to use) or fork out a few hundred for a site.
Thank you for resurrecting a 5 year old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)