Website Building. (1 Viewer)

M.johnson

HSC
N/A
hey, so i want to know how to build a website. Mostly for recreational purposes and possibly a clan website for cod4. I have used frontpage to make websites in the past and used free web hosting such as (http://www.freewebs.com) to upload to the internet.

Can someone recommend some other easy programs i can use? I dont want to deal with HTMl, i have no clue about it.

I have dreamweaver that i got from my yr10 teacher like 5 years ago. Do you think i should use dreamweaver? It has all these tutorials that i can go through to learn step by step.

any suggestions? Heres a website i made in yr 10 (its a website teachings of Islam). http://www.freewebs.com/teachingsofislam/Home Page.htm (most links are broken lol)

thanks

the.RAVER

HSC
I think dreamweaver has probably the most tutorials around the internet just like most of Adobe's software. Although it takes a little getting use to it. With Dreamweaver you wont really have to deal with HTML coding if you don't want, although the option is there.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hey, so i want to know how to build a website. Mostly for recreational purposes and possibly a clan website for cod4. I have used frontpage to make websites in the past and used free web hosting such as (Webs.com - Free website, free hosting, free webpage - Make a web site with photo albums, blogs, videos, forums and more!) to upload to the internet.

Can someone recommend some other easy programs i can use? I dont want to deal with HTMl, i have no clue about it.

I have dreamweaver that i got from my yr10 teacher like 5 years ago. Do you think i should use dreamweaver? It has all these tutorials that i can go through to learn step by step.

any suggestions? Heres a website i made in yr 10 (its a website teachings of Islam). Teachings Of Islam - The True Religion (most links are broken lol)

thanks
You want to learn how to build a website, go learn HTML.

If you just want a website, then go make a blog or one of those pre-packaged solutions.

Don't use Frontpage, that's awful.

Dreamweaver is a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor, and becomes even more powerful when you learn how to use split mode, rather than just designer mode because of its limitations.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Frontpage has split mode in it, but it doesnt have the customizability like purchased software I.E. Dream Weaver.

Although Frontpage is pretty simple for what you want to do, a friend and i designed a 50 page website on gaming and videos, includes HD videos and buttons, moving emnu and that kind of crap. Just need to know the HTML and which flash aps you need.

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
notepad++ & apache 2.2

its both not user friendly and hard to understand for new users!!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Use dreamweaver and learn both HTML and CSS --> CSS makes HTML a whole lot easier to do and dreamweaver makes the commands types much easier to see :)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
In any case, the program should have a split visual/code menu, making it easier.

LtPhoenix

HSC
Get a CMS and then change the modules to your liking. Start out with joomla! then apply themes etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)