Wedding outfits (1 Viewer)

froggy_chik87

HSC
I know that this has been done before...but this time this wedding is going to be in New Zealand in april...so like sydneys winter. I was wondering, what should i wear? Pants and a nice top? And if so, what type of pants and top? Any pic suggestions would be great.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
froggy_chik87 said:
I know that this has been done before...but this time this wedding is going to be in New Zealand in april...so like sydneys winter. I was wondering, what should i wear? Pants and a nice top? And if so, what type of pants and top? Any pic suggestions would be great.
A pant suit is pretty good for a wintery climate and with really nice heels/pumps.
I"ll see if can find some pics froggy

alby

cool duckie
HSC
froggy_chik87 said:
how formal is the wedding?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
it also depends on religion of the wedding. for orthodox it's not considered appropriate for a woman to wear pants. you could always change for the reception after.

i've always worn a skirt and top or a dress. you'll be inside so u wont get cold. and if u are outside for a bit, u could always borrow a cute boys jacket :p

Lainee

HSC
If it's windy and cold, I'd be wary of skirts and dresses and stick to some nice tailored trousers in most colours (black, grey, brown, pinstriped etc.) and a dressy, covered blouse. Tailored trousers you can get anywhere (Cue, for one) and just shop around for a blouse. If it's not extremely cold, you can get a nice camisole and put a shimmery shrug/bolero/capelet over it, and call it a day. :)

http://www.katehurst.com/clothing/119/chiffon-blouse-pants-.html

Paired with some pumps and maybe a blazer too if it's very cold. If it's slightly windy, but not that cold. Maybe a summer dress with stockings might work.

froggy_chik87

HSC
alby said:
how formal is the wedding?
lol, i don't know how formal the wedding will be...to be truthfully honest, this is my first wedding im going to...so, kinda new at this.

Put it this way, i hate the cold...lol...so i want to be warm!

HSC
N/A
There are a lot of really nice knitted cardigan-type things going around at the moment. A lot of them tie up at the front and look really feminine (normally have a ruffle going around neck/front edges as well). They'd go nicely with a dress or pretty top - just make sure you get a good quality one, as the fine wool ones noticably look good whilst the cheap ones just look... cheap.

HSC
N/A
Of course you can always fall back on the wrap/pashmina (Myer has some pretty cool texturised wraps) but finely knitted cardigans/similar are a little more functional, plus they still look really girly/dressed up rather than cas. :)

Always

HSC
You could wear a dress with nice boots and a cardigan for warmth, or a dress with sheer stockings, pumps and a coat for when you're outdoors.

Not many females wear pants to weddings from my experience... It really depends on the dress code.

HSC
To my cousins wedding, I wore a cute black bubble skirt. It can work both ways as formal or casual depending on the top. For casually formal, wear a nice vintagy blouse and if it gets cold, wear a silky blazar on top. Wooly stockings or long socks can add some warmth and I'm sure you'll look gorgeous, good luck hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)