Wednesday (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Just a note - don't panic! This is the exam-stress and study techniques thread.

We still have 4 more days until the exam. Use your time well, and sleep early the night before. :)

All the best to every Chemistry nerd.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
And just so we don't discriminate, all the best to those of us (such as myself) who stare bemused at chemistry and wonder what chemicals the chemistry nerds have been chugging to be able to understand the stuff.

On topic: Umm... Study all the obscure stuff that you didn't even know was in the syllabus, that way you won't get asked about something you've never heard of before.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hehehe what about the non-nerds in chem! lol....ive spent literally all day today doing chemistry. and it amazingly hasn't been that bad. good luck everyone!

my studying technique is to constantly do past papers. what i did today to recap on chem since i haven't done any chem at all for the past 3 weeks, was go through every dot point and made sure i knew all of them throughout. if i didn't i wrote notes on the stuff i didn't know.

and again, ill be doing past papers...over past papers....over past papers. damn i should have bought success one.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Just a note - don't panic! This is the exam-stress and study techniques thread.

We still have 4 more days until the exam. Use your time well, and sleep early the night before. :)

All the best to every Chemistry nerd.
thanks for remining us lol
I have ext 1 eng to worry about first, chem is really my achilles heel. If I get a band 5 I will jump up in joy and hug the nearest thing. be it man, lamp or tree. :p

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
cherryblossom said:
thanks for remining us lol
I have ext 1 eng to worry about first, chem is really my achilles heel. If I get a band 5 I will jump up in joy and hug the nearest thing. be it man, lamp or tree. :p
*evilly plots to be coincidentally standing inexplicably close to you when you happen to receive your HSC*

Last edited:

LostAuzzie

HSC
Got no idea if this is what I should be doing, got physics 2 days later so studying for both at the same time
What ive been doing is typing up notes from memory trying to incorporate each of the dot points, then after thats done (monday arvo) i'm going to look through the dot points and any one I dont get im going to read through again
Then on tuesday Ill do two past papers for chem under exam conditions before relaxing that night
Does this sound like a good technique?

Also I would have had SDD also had I not dropped it last yr (I'm so glad I did) but there a two people at my school in the same situation, and they also have physics 2 days later.

Good luck all

darkwarrior2

HSC
4 tests still to go

>< ive still got 4 tests left, anyone else in the same boat ? ext eng. chem! phys and business studies, good luck btw

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
whoa....damn i feel sorry for ya. i got 3 left....ext eng, phys and chem. can't wait till its OVER! im gonna party like hell!

but now, im scared.

HSC
darkwarrior2 said:
>< ive still got 4 tests left, anyone else in the same boat ? ext eng. chem! phys and business studies, good luck btw
Me too! except my last one is economics :( I've been doing chem and phys simultaneously, going through every dot point so i can at least look at one and write down stuff off the top of my head. I've kinda left it to the last minute, but i thrive on pressure...*gulp* i hope. Though, with english on monday...i should prolly look at that this weekend ey... :rolleyes:

HSC
im doing SDD/Chem simultaneously, one minute acid rain the next error checking program methods! don't you love the contrast

ishq

brown?
HSC
archangel leila said:
Me too! except my last one is economics :( I've been doing chem and phys simultaneously, going through every dot point so i can at least look at one and write down stuff off the top of my head. I've kinda left it to the last minute, but i thrive on pressure...*gulp* i hope. Though, with english on monday...i should prolly look at that this weekend ey... :rolleyes:
Yes! Extension is a huge barrier to cross before we can tackle the horror that is Chemistry. :D But, since Chem is my last (and on my birthday!), I'm hoping lady luck is on my side!

Good Luck for Wednesday people. :)

intrik8

Rickman's Cod Piece
HSC
Chemistry is going to rape me so hard on Wednesday... Chemistry is my weakest subject... But hey the only way for me to enjoy chemistry is to envision Professor Snape from HP as my "chemistry/potions" teacher *drools* I am so disturbedd... o_O"

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
omg lol. well... me and my harry potter obsessed friends actually relpaced all the names for our subjects for subject names in harry potter. Chem is potions, Bio is Herbology, Ag is Care of Magical Creatures, Ancient History=ancient runes, etc lol. so fun

serge

HSC
Numero Uno said:
... pretty sad :(

anyway
my advice PANIC PANIC PANIC!
gets u into the study mood

GL ppl
yeh, speeds up your writing when you're in there too
stress --> adrenaline --> better performance

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Yes, putting more pressure on your system causes you to write faster and pushes the exam paper to completion more quickly :D

(that HP stuff is so wrong, for so many wrong reasons)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)