Week One: I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING. ;-; (1 Viewer)

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Yeah I am dealing with it. I've got to catch up on last weeks lecture because last week, i didnt summarise the slides since that wasnt my original plan (well i never had a solid plan), so now ik what im going to do (summarise the slides and add in any explanations from textbook assigned readings) and then go in the lecture and type additional important stuff.
with the tutorials, it's mainly going through questions, which i will record in an exercise book... or loose leaf depending on how i decide to file my notes.

well, iin high school, i was pretty organised and the syllabus was pretty organised too. it clearly had LEARN TO LEARN ABOUT and that's what i based my summary around.
Uni is so disorganised, yeah we have learning objectives, but the powerpoints are so messy and i cant figure out a way to store my notes since we have lectures (where i type notes) and tutorials.

and the subjects are mixed, so i have theory and maths in some subjects, so idk if i should type it, or write it etc... or if im wasting my time doing what i am now... summarising lecture slides and textbook beforehand.

in H.S. i did everything myself because there really was only one way of doing things... summaries based off the syllabus. and with exams, i just think uni is a new experience which is why i was stressed. 4 subject exams should be alright... but i mean, you're putting a lot on the line, if you fail you literally have to redo the course... $$$$ whereas if u fail in H.S. you just fail... so i dont want to risk anything, so i was stressed... because i wanted to make sure i did everything correct from the beginning if you know what i mean... like, i dont want to go to like the end of the semester and realise what i was doing the past 3 months was a waste of my time (like finding out summarising stuff or re-writing lecture slides was a waste of my time) and plus i have no 'friends' to ask or get opinoins from.

Last edited:

Ethicks

HSC
Yeah I am dealing with it. I've got to catch up on last weeks lecture because last week, i didnt summarise the slides since that wasnt my original plan (well i never had a solid plan), so now ik what im going to do (summarise the slides and add in any explanations from textbook assigned readings) and then go in the lecture and type additional important stuff.
with the tutorials, it's mainly going through questions, which i will record in an exercise book... or loose leaf depending on how i decide to file my notes.

well, iin high school, i was pretty organised and the syllabus was pretty organised too. it clearly had LEARN TO LEARN ABOUT and that's what i based my summary around.
Uni is so disorganised, yeah we have learning objectives, but the powerpoints are so messy and i cant figure out a way to store my notes since we have lectures (where i type notes) and tutorials.

and the subjects are mixed, so i have theory and maths in some subjects, so idk if i should type it, or write it etc... or if im wasting my time doing what i am now... summarising lecture slides and textbook beforehand.

in H.S. i did everything myself because there really was only one way of doing things... summaries based off the syllabus. and with exams, i just think uni is a new experience which is why i was stressed. 4 subject exams should be alright... but i mean, you're putting a lot on the line, if you fail you literally have to redo the course... $$$$ whereas if u fail in H.S. you just fail... so i dont want to risk anything, so i was stressed... because i wanted to make sure i did everything correct from the beginning if you know what i mean... like, i dont want to go to like the end of the semester and realise what i was doing the past 3 months was a waste of my time (like finding out summarising stuff or re-writing lecture slides was a waste of my time) and plus i have no 'friends' to ask or get opinoins from.
I get this, from my experience friends are easier to make from school than uni I'm one of those people that have a hard time 'clicking'

I always print off the lecture slides (6 per page) write extra points over the top then after the class sit down and make summary notes from the slides and textbook then at exam time you've got all your summaries from the different topics to study if you know all the lecture content the exams are a breeze.

I dont think anything can beat the good old pen and paper I know I don't learn well from using a laptop and keeping digital copies so I print everything and put it in separate folders for all the subjects

Last edited:

Constantine

HSC
[...]

I always print off the lecture slides (6 per page) write extra points over the top then after the class sit down and make summary notes from the slides and textbook then at exam time you've got all your summaries from the different topics to study if you know all the lecture content the exams are a breeze [...]
I'm doing this and it's what I prefer tbh, as opposed to how some friends told me the lecture slides are basically your study notes - just add to it as you go. I really need to keep it organised and keep it in one place, and typing the additional notes and lecture slide content into another word document really makes me think about the information in detail.

The only down side to it is that it really does take up a lot of time.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing this and it's what I prefer tbh, as opposed to how some friends told me the lecture slides are basically your study notes - just add to it as you go. I really need to keep it organised and keep it in one place, and typing the additional notes and lecture slide content into another word document really makes me think about the information in detail.

The only down side to it is that it really does take up a lot of time.
I just copy and paste from the PDF .. No need to type

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)