weighting of the 2 english exams? (1 Viewer)

sunken eyes

HSC
is there equal weighting for the two exams, or is it equal weighting for each of the units examined?
ie: is the second test gonna be worth 3 times as much as the change one?

s2ophie

HSC
i think lemonade is right. in my trial each section in the second paper was out of 20 and each section in the AOS was out of 15.

TastesGoodBut

20+20+20+15+15+15 = 105....

as far as i know they are worth equal... its just that with modules if u screw one up it isnt the end of the world, but with change if you screw up any section ur in the dumps coz of the high standards

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
no!! modules has much higher standards than aos..
but the marks is the weighting.. i.e modules out of 20, aos out of 15. Then they add everything up and it's out of 105. Then u get it shrunk down to a percentage out of 100.
But cuz there are 6 essays.. u can screw up one fairly badly and still do quite well in the end.

N

ND

I remember Laz saying that your modules mark is scaled according to your AOS exam mark. I have no idea how that works though.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by TastesGoodBut
20+20+20+15+15+15 = 105....
???? didn't notice that before. anyway, i'm pretty sure its 40/60
Originally posted by ND
I remember Laz saying that your modules mark is scaled according to your AOS exam mark. I have no idea how that works though.
i think it's because they have to compare the whole state, standard and advanced... don't know how they do it though

*10#

6 essays all up how do u figure?
3 modules
1 change
= 4

What the!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by ND
The distribution of marks on the Advanced modules paper is shaped to be the same as the distribution of marks obtained by the Advanced students on the AOS paper, and similarly for Standard. I'm fairly certain it's a simple transformation which just changes the mean and standard deviation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)