Weighting? (1 Viewer)

so_what

HSC
Hey guys, someone told me that the weighting (lol is that even the right word for it?) for courses is based on what level they are?
So a level 2 course is worth double a level 1 course?
Is this true?

Thanks.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Nope. Its all weighted the same unless I recall someone said it was different for engo.

so_what

HSC
Yeah I figured that wasn't the right word for it. Not work load. When calculating your wam for example, does the weighting of a course increase according to its lvl? Lvl 2 course is worth more in your WAM than a lvl 1 course?

Catch my drift? Or am I still being unclear? Really sorry, the friend who asked me this didn't explain well and I don't really get it.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
Yeah I figured that wasn't the right word for it. Not work load. When calculating your wam for example, does the weighting of a course increase according to its lvl? Lvl 2 course is worth more in your WAM than a lvl 1 course?

Catch my drift? Or am I still being unclear? Really sorry, the friend who asked me this didn't explain well and I don't really get it.
i heard it's something like

lvl 1 = x
lvl 2 = 2x
lvl 3 = 3x
lvl 4 = 4x

in regards to final wam as it ends up x+2x+3x+4x if you're doing honours

could definitely be mistaken though

D94

HSC
N/A
i heard it's something like

lvl 1 = x
lvl 2 = 2x
lvl 3 = 3x
lvl 4 = 4x

in regards to final wam as it ends up x+2x+3x+4x if you're doing honours

could definitely be mistaken though
That is how engineering honours is worked out.

D94

HSC
N/A

No, the UNSW general WAM has all courses of equal weighting.

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/assessment/WAM.html

It doesn't differentiate between the levels of each course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)