weights without cardio? (1 Viewer)

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
any thoughts? well I might do 3 weights workout per week and do cardio in between those days. I wanna lose the fat and the inches around my waist area, I don't care if I gain kilos as long as it is muscle mass. any thoughts on this? currently 95 kg and 183 cm

phuong14

HSC
cardio is pretty important mate. gotta keep your vascular system healthy. but im pretty sure your get a pretty good cardio workout anyways when you do deadlifts, squates and stuff.
do you do interval training training or just walk and jogg?. pretty sure you burn more fat from interval training. and lastly its diet, no matter how hard you train, if you eat shit, you wont get anywhere. oh, and rest is also important.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
any thoughts? well I might do 3 weights workout per week and do cardio in between those days. I wanna lose the fat and the inches around my waist area, I don't care if I gain kilos as long as it is muscle mass. any thoughts on this?
You should do cardio, but if you dont want to, you should do weights 6x a week, 1 day for each body part, hammer yourself, and the fat will go away too

currently 95 kg and 183 cm
wow, I was 80kg and similar height, except checked my weight this morning, and was down to 75kg (no gym, idk how... just eating ok... went down in 7ish weeks)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
don't separate days for body parts that is stupid

do compound exercises errday

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
if you're not doing cardio you may as well, you have a lot more energy plus you get big quick

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
yeah I was 87 at the start of hsc and went up to 95.. horrible I know!! that's why I want these fats off at least before Christmas

aiight here's my plan
MWF- weight workout. just in my home gym.
M- chest and tricep
W- legs and abs
F- back, shoulders and biceps

Tue and thur- interval training. then do squats and lunges after it

weekends- rest day.

what do you think?
and what should an interval training involve?

The Bui

HSC
any thoughts? well I might do 3 weights workout per week and do cardio in between those days. I wanna lose the fat and the inches around my waist area, I don't care if I gain kilos as long as it is muscle mass. any thoughts on this? currently 95 kg and 183 cm
Possible as long as you eat a high protein diet 5 times a day atleast.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yes this will work although your diet is going to ultimately decide if you gain muscle or lose fat (or even gain fat). Get your diet in check first depending on your goal and then the training becomes a little easier to define. In regards to only doing weights, then yes you can lose a substantial amount of fat with the right weight training program even though cardio is still important for overall fitness.

On the topic of split vs full body exercises, both have their merits so why not do both? Personally I love cycling my training routine because I find that my body adapts pretty easily. What I mean by this is basically spend a month or two doing a split workout and then once you beginning nearing a plateau switch it up to a full body for a little while. Give my full body routine a try if you like:

3x Front Squats
3x Deadlifts
3x Barbell Rows
3x Incline Bench Press
3x Dumbell Shoulder Press

Do three times a week. Rep range should be in-between 8-12 reps (try and vary this so your workouts are never the same.. i.e. train heavier one day and lighter the next. If you're doing a split, train heavy for one week and then lighten up a tiny bit the next week). Guaranteed to leave you hammered.

Regardless of what option you chose, make sure you give yourself ample time to recover. Personally I wouldn't do more than 5 days a week worth of weight training if I were just starting out (you can make exceptions to this later down the track especially if a body part starts lagging etc).

phuong14

HSC

get a timer. eg. sprint for 3o seconds, jog for a minute, then walk for 2 minutes. keep repeating for like 20-30 minutes.
i reckon you can just loose weight from eating healthy anyways.

_deloso

HSC

get a timer. eg. sprint for 3o seconds, jog for a minute, then walk for 2 minutes. keep repeating for like 20-30 minutes.
this. just cut down all your junk food and all that fatty food. but healthy fat is still important though.

The Bui

HSC

Interval training is supposed to be 15-20 min max as you are going pretty high intensity. It also great because after the exercise you are actually still burnig fat well after the exercise and yeah you don't need cardio just eat healthy food consistenly throughout the day to keep your metablolism going and burn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)