Weimar Republic?! (1 Viewer)

Zoe 2508

HSC
Yeah im studying it.. i have my modern history trial exam tommorrow and Im so screwed.. I cant remember anything on Weimar.. I have been trying to look up past questions on the board of studies websites to practise my responces, but my cp cant view PDF files..

any generic questions that are commonly asked about weimar or nazi Germany..

Also, i heard that they are changing the questioning of this years exem.. has anyone heard that? Apparently thay ask a heaps, heaps generic question and you have to apply it to your case study.. Like i know we studied Albert Speer, and they give you a list of 'personalities' with a question like describe one's rise to power, and if you studied speer then you answer the question to suit him.. This means that they wont be asking heaps specific questions, which means you cant be caught out if you study that specific period.. Was my teacher lying? has anyone alse heard this?

muz-

HSC
Hey na i havnt heard any of that lol but it would be sic if it was true..

There will be 2 questions to choose from so if u dont kno anything bout weimar it should be fine u can just do the one on the other time period.. if ur doing the catholic trial i think the question might have something to do with foreign policy.. lol thats all im studying for so it better be. :confused:

ah i hate modern.......

Zoe 2508

HSC
Argh!! yeah im doing the catholic trial - FOREIGN POLICY, i hope not.. if so im failing for sure.. i dont even know if we've done foreign policy which could be a hint for you, because our teacher says we'll be fine in the exam (dont quote me on that)..

just refresh my memory, whats the foreign policy stuff?? and i'l tell you whether we've done it hahah

Tommytom

HSC
Haha its Zoe i registered and everything just to say you are a nerd

Zoe 2508

HSC
i hope this is 'spread-eagle tom' otherwise some weirdo called tom who goes to bosco knows who i am.. hehe

sucks about the exam still being tommorrow hey!! im screwed for every part of it..

i dont even know where to begin.. how are you preparing for conflict in europe?? i wanted to do a past question, but dont know of any so thought i'd listen to some Stones and just relax - out of mind, out of sight..

give me some tips.. what and how have you been studying??

super_girl

HSC
hey Zoe, im doing the same... my teacher suggested we don't do the Germany part but rather the Weimar Republic, but as u sed i can't remember anything about it either,. my exam is like in 3 hours :S lol! best of luck to you.. hopefully it won't be too bad..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Yeah, you're teacher's right - do the weimar question. It's always the same, just like it was today haha. Bit of advice is just think political, social and economic.
The Q for conflict was practically the same thing as the one in the speciman paper.

muz-

HSC
how'd every one go in the exam?
so glad i studied foreign policy!!
but the speer question part B was shit and i failed that one for sure :mad1: my hand hurts..

Tommytom

HSC
Well i happened to have an extremely good understanding of ww2 thats all but i have also been getting info from this book i have. And i just have liked ww2 all my life. I see u decided to go to the funeral or decided to stay home and study u cheater

Zoe 2508

HSC
Tommytom said:
I see u decided to go to the funeral or decided to stay home and study u cheater
Nah i didnt go to the funeral or stay home and study - though am regretting that one! I've been heaps sick.. I went up to do it on Friday with my doctors certificate but Hunt told me to wait bcos i obviously wasn't any better.. Sucks now cos i have to it after maths so thats like 6 hours of exems in one day..

Heard they had problems with the source question - and that they forgot to give it to you or something haha

ane_st

HSC
Weimar is in the syllabus so obviously anyone doing Germany is doing the Weimar government... its the only thing in the syllabus i can remember... :S so screwed

kc-ok-la

HSC
if you look at past papers and trials and so forth
you can almost be certain that the weimar question would have to do with something along the lines of :
evaluating the rise of the nazi party
activities during 1919-1234 in which contributed to the fall of the weimar republic

ie :
social/political/economic problems

anyway, thats what i think!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
kc-ok-la said:
if you look at past papers and trials and so forth
you can almost be certain that the weimar question would have to do with something along the lines of :
evaluating the rise of the nazi party
activities during 1919-1234 in which contributed to the fall of the weimar republic

ie :
social/political/economic problems

anyway, thats what i think!
qft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)