Weimar Republic (1 Viewer)

dejan1989

HSC
It was a fairly simple question the nazi policy. i saw it comin.
Albert Speer was an easy question

el-retardo-6

HSC
i dunno i didnt think it was that bad. i talked about how the government affected the social and cultural aspects of germany during that time. i made a point about the treatment of homosexuals and varying art movements.
hope it was enough.
part B speer was random though.

Lindaya

HSC
i got 37 past hsc questions from my teacher before the holidays... one of them was on foreign policy.. the day before i was like 'uhhh better not risk it' and ended up doing a coupla hours on it... i reckon i nailed it cos a lot of dates were kept in my head.. seemed like a lot of stuff happened on a March.. like announcement of rearmament, rhineland, anchsluss, taking rest of czech ... as stupid as that sounds lol ..

.Opinionated.

HSC
i knew foriegn policyyy was cuming coz it hasnt been around in a long tym
i startd off by talkin about hitlers theory 0f wanting 'lebensrum'
then i divided the policy in three stages all within the same year/s
and abit of historiography in the end(it alwaiz helpz)

frozenindesire

HSC
yeah i was ecstatic at the foreign policy question, it was kinda expected. nice to be able to get in the intentionalist/structualist arguments as well as heavy detail of nazi ideology and how it was reflected through foreign policy. i though it was interesting the question said 'nazism' rather than 'nazi's' so hopefully that meant it wanted you to look at ideology and then its impact on foreign policy haha *hopes*

trentles

HSC
i mentioned all the changes...and they changed through the implementation of hitlers ideology to conform to gleischaltung and volksgemneinschaft

is tht right?

tessery

HSC
hahaha cadylayne i totally agree with you! i had my weimar essay down pat lol. i now they were trying to catch out those who just prepared half the content and not all of it, but i still think its stupid - they were trying to find out what we didn;t now, rather than what we did.

i did foreign policy, the cultural question scared me lol

aussiedrunk

HSC
done the foreign poicy question
practiced it and got mark of 23/25
be kinda cut if i didnt get over 20 for that question

hope all you guys found the test relatively easy
good luck in all your exams

hoping for UAI over 20 peace out

cinderella-06

HSC
N/A
RyelleBlitz said:
I was a bit 'omg.' at first, but I got over it. Yay for just having read it!
I wasn't sure (at first) about what I should talk about, and I couldn't remember all the stuff that was in my text book on what flourished during 1923-29 (art and architecture, science, that sort of thing), but then I realised I could talk about all of the youth groups, democratic changes (banning of other parties), women in the society, and being a Jew. w00t!
I AM GOING THROUGH A MAJOR CRISIS RIGHT NOW. OMG.

did your question say 1923-1929??? or 1923-1939??? I've talked to some of my friends and some have said that theirs said 1923-39. But I"m POSITIVE mine said 1923-29!!! Do you think mine had a mis-print or something?? I'm seriously about to hyperventilate!

Some insight, PLEASE!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I was talking to my teacher, and he said it was strange that they had 1923-39 rather 1923-29, as he had predicted that it'd be a Weimar/Nazi split this year :/

But the consensus around here is that it was 1923-1939 cinderella-06 :(

cinderella-06

HSC
N/A
The person that i quoted from, their post said 1923-29. I'm totally freaking out. I was POSITIVE mine said the same. Because I remember that as soon as i read it i thought that they wanted us to talk specifically about the "golden Years" and the time before the great depression. Do you think its possible that their was a misprint in a few papers??? I PRAY YES! I swear, i have never been more positive about something in my life.

If i am completely wrong... BYE UNIVERSITY.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Do you still have your question sheets/exam paper?

cinderella-06

HSC
N/A
It's funny. Actually, annoying, ironic and frustrating. I've done 5 of my exams already. I've taken all of the papers home... EXCEPT FOR MODERN HISTORY.

This stuff always seems to happen to me. ARRGGH.

I'm probably completely wrong and just seeking some comfort for my pain, although this 'comfort' may be enirely non-existent at this point. I was so desperate I called the hotline. No help there seeing as though the exams already been done!

Looking Glass

HSC
I imagine the papers would be printed in a production-line manner, making a misprint improbable. But it's possible, I suppose. My paper was certainly 23-39. A kick in the balls you don't forget.

Mandals

HSC
I'm positive it said 23-39 on my sheet because I remember being really pissed they would give us such a gigantic time period. I could have written a whole essay on either 23-9 or 33-39, but that was just too hard so I did the other one.

Even if there was a misprint on your specific exam paper how would they know? They don't collect the exam papers. Bah. :(

isabelta

HSC
im scared now. i talked like about the social changes and explained that it was like because of the change between the direct contrast in govt in that period.. and like how life changed culturally & socially under the weimar rep. & then post - 1933 after hitler and the nazis came to power.
was taht right?!!? :S

cinderella-06

HSC
N/A
AHHHH. I've accepted the fact that I probably read the question all wrong. I've got really bad luck like that. Example: Right before the Modern Exam we were discussing what questions we wanted and what we didn't want. And I said, "I hope they don't ask a question about... say... the Ludendorff Spring Offensive." I just randomly pulled any example outta my ass. Come reading time... It's the first question.

But oh well, life goes on. Hopefully I'll be able to pull at least a 13 for that part? Best case scenario, I tells ya.

Magicana

HSC
isabelta said:
im scared now. i talked like about the social changes and explained that it was like because of the change between the direct contrast in govt in that period.. and like how life changed culturally & socially under the weimar rep. & then post - 1933 after hitler and the nazis came to power.
was taht right?!!? :S
As far as I know, yes that is right.

Brady-2007

HSC
I've got the paper in front of me. It was definitely 1939, and in the question I addressed it from Weimar through till Poland... but overall the essay was too generalised.

Modern History's been my worst subject thus far for extended responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)